HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 am
Information
» Rules
» Humans
» Werewolves
» Shifters
» Dragons
» Vampires
» Fae
Cbox
Latest topics
» Irish Eyes
by Kythen Lyaer Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 pm

» The End of the Beginning
by Nowe Veleno Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 am

» Cowboy Casanova v2.0
by Kythen Lyaer Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

» Dive Right In
by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

» Hide In Plain Sight...
by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Share | 

Dive Right In

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:28 am

While Reaper was busy setting the stuff he'd been about to take to Nowe down, the source of the crashing noise was making his way through the front door. Pyre was soaked to the bone and grumbling irritably to himself in Italian as he kicked the water off of his shoes as he hung his coat on the rack. It was a moment longer before he realized that there was something not right here, and his deep ruby eyes flickered quickly around the room for a moment. "Hello?" He called, his hand instinctively going for the one crystal he had left. The Angel narrowed his eyes a bit and began to creep forward, only to be startled by the sight of Nowe doing pretty much the same thing. "You!" He snarled, his hand clenching around the crystal as it formed into his flame dagger. "What the -hell- are you doing here, Corpse?" The man's gait shifted from one of caution to a predatory pace, and he ignored the sounds of his family moving around in the house. Chances are they'd heard him come home and would come to investigate soon.

Meanwhile, the other half of the psycho pair was coming in through the backdoor, since it was a lot closer to the kitchen. Shade stretched, kicking off his boots and snagging a pancake from the table as he headed deeper into the house, only to come face to face with the Fallen. He stared, mouth full of the pancake and went still. Reaper cursed to himself and backed up, his gaze flickering to the stairway that would lead back up to his room and his crystal. Once he'd swallowed, the Dark User's face split into a wicked grin and he advanced slowly, his voice holding a purr. "Well, if it isn't my baby brother..." His hands slipped into his pocket as he slunk closer, black eyes glinting. "Still alive, I see. You won't be for long." The Fae growled, backing up more as his brother got closer. Not wanting to alert the others to the possible fight that was about to go down, he whirled, bolting back up the stairs with footsteps loud enough to carry to the front door area. Pyre's head whipped towards the sound before he looked back to the Vampire, his sneer getting meaner by the second. "You brought Necro with you then? That's kind of you. Saves us the trouble of hunting him down later." Things were about to get real bad, real fast.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

Full Name : Nowe Zavier Veleno
Race : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:56 am

Hello? That voice. That voice made Nowe's blood burn with anger. But he only heard one set of footsteps, one heartbeat. Where was the other? He never would have time to figure out where Shade was as he rounded the corner and came face to face with Pyre. His gaze flicked to the dagger as it formed, watched the cautious stance turn to one of aggression, a predator on the hunt. The question of what he was doing there got only a angry hiss from the vampire, delicate fangs flashing in that one angry sound. Oh how he wanted to rush the flame user, to see an end to the fight they'd begun months before. And this time, they were more evenly matched. One on one. No others for Nowe to worry about and First's decree that the others weren't to interfere. But there was something that stopped him from attacking: he didn't know where Shade was.

He was about to find out.

Footsteps running for the stairs from the direction of the kitchen area. He spun around and was moving before Pyre even finished speaking. If they kill him there will be nowhere safe in this world for them to hide. He thought as he darted back up the stairs, his footsteps light, quick and damn near silent. He made the top of the stairs and saw Reaper a ways down the hallway. Instinctively he fished in his pocket for the crystal he'd grabbed for his love, just in case. "Reaper, catch!" Was his only warning as he tossed the crystal toward the Fallen. It wouldn't be long before Pyre came up the stairs behind him and, if his guess was correct, Shade would come up the stairs after Reaper. They were trapped on the second floor. They could stand and fight, which Nowe strongly considered, or they could flee and plan a strategy. He weighed his options, considered his weakness due to hunger and opted to flee. He had contacts in the city that would help them hide and get back home. He met Reaper in the hallway and grabbed his hand. "This way. We can't fight them now." Were his only words as he dragged Reaper into the nearest room and toward the doors that lead out onto a sort of balcony. He vaulted the railing with no concern for the ground below. He landed easily and stopped, looking back up to where he knew Reaper was still on the balcony. "Jump!" Could Reaper make the jump without getting hurt? He doubted it. The Fallen would have to climb and they were without any weapons aside from the ones they currently held in their hands. He had a very strong feeling that this wasn't going to end well.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 am

The hiss he received only made the Fire user's teeth clench, and he lashed angrily at the air in front of him; the movement was more of a warning than anything seriously resembling an attack. He gave a startled noise once the man turned and bolted up the stairs, and he streaked after him, nearly running into the wall in the effort to keep up. Once the Fallen had turned and gone up the stairs, Shade had allowed his whip to form from his crystal and followed with a shrill cackle, dragging the shadowy thing behind him as he gave chase. Reaper slid into the hall, eyes locked on his bedroom when movement caught his eyes. He gasped, mostly because he'd been caught off guard, but his hand instinctively lashed out to catch the crystal as it was thrown to him. Even though he was already following him, it took the man's mind a moment to realize that he was following Nowe. Once it clicked, he sped up, breathing quickly as he looked over his shoulder. He only managed a jerky nod to what the other said and scooted towards the edge, watching the other make the leap easily and looking back down at him. He hesitated, one hand running to his back to trace his scars. The jump wouldn't have been so difficult before. He would have done it without a second thought. But now... He scrunched up his face a bit and leapt, shutting his eyes and giving a startled noise when someone's arms wrapped around him.

He bucked a bit, but when he saw a white feather float down to the ground before he was set down, he calmed slightly. Twisting around, his brow furrowed to see Twister already back up on the railing, his body half-turned back inside the room. "Hurry up and go!" He called to them, pulling out his bright yellow crystals as he spun around to head back into the room. There were two surprised cries, then another loud crash as the fight really kicked off. Reaper clenched his teeth, his scythe beginning to form in his hand. "I can't just leave him." He turned to Nowe, his seering crimson eyes pleading for once. Knowing fully what his brothers were capable of, he knew all too well that they wouldn't tolerate anyone getting in their way when they were after something. He may be annoyed with him more often than not, but he didn't want to leave the Air user to the mercy of the other two... If only because they didn't know the meaning of the word. Hearing Twister's pained cry moments later only made him jerk forward as if to run back towards the house.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:31 am

After shouting at Reaper to jump, Nowe had scanned the area for something he might use to cushion the Fae's fall. He was surprised to find their bags tucked under the eaves where they were being kept nominally dry and even more surprised by the flurry of wings that announced Reaper's safe descent to the ground, courtesy of Twister. He watched the Air Angel as he perched on the balcony and canted his head a bit at his words. He didn't understand why Twister would get so involved but he nodded to the Angel and turned to Reaper, who looked about ready to go back in and join the fight. "I know." The words were softer than he'd expected them to be even as he placed a hand on either side of Reaper's face and held him there, gazing into his eyes. "I know you don't want to leave him but you've got to trust me right now. We've got to get out of here. I promise you, if he dies he will be avenged but I don't intent to let that happen." He said, taking Reaper's hand in his and refusing to let go. He scooped up their bags from where Twister (he was pretty sure it had been Twister though it could have been someone else) had placed them.

If Reaper resisted, Nowe would all but drag him away from the house, away from Twister who was crying out in pain above them. Twister was giving them time to escape. Sacrificing himself for them. He couldn't let that happen. With his free hand, he reached into his bag and, thankfully, found his cell phone near the top. He dialed a number and spoke in rapid French to whoever was on the other line before hanging up, giving no explanation for the call or where they were going. Luckily, they weren't far from a safe-house of sorts and he led the Fallen down a series of streets to what appeared to be nothing more than a run-down and abandoned warehouse. It was unlikely Reaper would notice the cameras scanning the street below or the pairs of watchful eyes that peered over rooftops. What he would notice was the keypad Nowe stopped at and quickly keyed in a code. A creaky elevator door opened and Nowe pushed Reaper and his bags inside to the waiting hands of a werewolf and a vampire and accepting a couple extra weapons in return. "Make sure he doesn't follow me. Keep him here and keep him safe. I have unfinished business to attend to." He instructed and the pair nodded, the vampire keeping a firm grip on Reaper as the doors closed and the elevator descended into the depths of the warehouse.

Now sufficiently armed and knowing Reaper was safe, he turned back onto the rain soaked streets that would lead him back to Twister. He didn't know what he would find when he got back but he ran as quickly as he could (which for a vampire was very fast) and was back at the Angel's hideout and scaling the trellis in the hopes of joining the fight and saving Twister.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 am

If he dies... Reaper gave another soft growl at Nowe's words, but made no move to jerk away from the man. Instead, he cast his crimson gaze darted back up to the balcony, and he sent a silent promise to his brother that everything would be alright. He allowed the man to lead him, only occasionally stumbling as he continued along, a whispered thought from Twister invading his mind for him alone; Keep safe... The Fallen's face scrunched up a bit and he flexed his hand around his scythe, forcing it to go back to crystal shape as they made their escape. The poor boy was so out of it that he didn't bother to be annoyed with the Vampire for speaking in a language he didn't understand. The Fae hung his head a bit, peering around only when they seemed to get closer to one of the buildings. A frown tugged at his lips when the door opened and he sighed, resigning himself to probably never seeing his sibling again...when Nowe pushed him through with the bags. He gave a surprised cry, immediately begining to strain against the ones he'd been pushed towards and reaching for his love. Make sure he doesn't follow...? "Nowe!" He called, jerking as the doors closed and he was left with strange men in a place he didn't know.

Meanwhile, back at the hideout, things had taken a turn for the worse. The Air user was lying in a pool of his own blood, his fans kicked out of reach. Both of his wings were hanging at awkward angles, and it looked like the one was about ready to just fall off at a tug. "What's the matter?" Pyre asked, aiming a kick at the downed Angel's stomach. "I thought you were playing the -hero-." Shade cackled, kneeling in his brother's blood and pulling at the clearly broken wings. Twister screamed again, eyes wide as he began to shudder feeling a weight being pulled away from his back. "Oooh. Pyre, look. It came off easy." In his hands he held the bloodstained wing of his sibling, and he snapped it again in his grip before tossing it aside. Daltan, the Air user's real name, looked up shakily at his siblings, his gaze asking the questions he couldn't get his mouth to form. It was Shade smirked and kneeled again, yanking on the other wing. "Why? Because you got in our way." He hissed, ripping the second wing out just as the Vampire came into view. The Fire user gave a low indecipherable noise, grinding his foot into the broken wing lying nearby. "And here I thought I'd have to go looking for you again. Where did you take Reaper?" He demanded, even as the newly Fallen turned to be able to give Nowe a wide-eyed look. W-what are you doing here?! You weren't supposed to come back! He sent mentally, his mouth opening slightly as his body shook.

If he could get his fans, he would be able to rejoin the fight and at least help Nowe some. His golden eyes flickered to the fans lying just off to the side, wondering if he could roll over quickly enough to lunge for them.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:20 am

Reaper's shout tore at Nowe's heart, the sound of it echoing in his head even as he ran back for the hideout. He felt bad for taking off without any sort of introduction or explanation but there wasn't time. Not if he wanted to get back to Twister in time. The others would explain., at least enough to let Reaper understand what he was doing. Not that he suspected it would calm his Angel but he couldn't have Reaper there with him. It would only be a distraction and he couldn't afford to be distracted when he was already at less than his best..

He could hear voices as he climbed the trellis, screams. There was blood too. He could smell it thick in the air. Most of it, if not all, belonged to Twister. He couldn't forgive himself if he was too late to save Twister. Reaper would never forgive him for leaving his brother behind to die. He made the balcony and stood watching the three angels for a brief moment, long enough for Pyre to speak up. "Somewhere you won't find him so easily. Somewhere safe." There was anger in his voice, anger at Pyre and Shade for what they'd done to Twister. But also anger at the other angels. Why hadn't they stepped in? Where were they while this was going on? For that moment in time. He hated them all. Hated them for leaving one of their own to suffer so without raising a hand to stop it. "I came back for him. I won't let you kill him for helping us." He indicated Twister with a flick of the blade in his hand, it was a type of short sword; longer than a dagger but not as big or bulky as an actual sword, easily able to wield one-handed in close quarters. He spoke as much to answer Twister's question as to tell the two Angels why he was there. Not that he figured they'd care much.

He moved forward, cautious yet alert for any sign of movement that meant either angel was going to attack. "If you kill me, you will never find Reaper. I left him with some friends. If I don't return, they'll take him and flee. If you want him, it's in your best interests to leave me alive." Which was true. If he didn't return in a certain time, his associates would move Reaper out of the city that very night. Out of the country in less than two days. Even if he wasn't killed, they would move him anyway. The bright side to that is that Nowe knew where they would take him and could track them down. Of course, he somehow doubted his threat would stop them from killing him if they really wanted to. But it might make them hesitate and he could use that to his advantage. Without any further talking, Nowe sprang toward Shade, his blade flashing as he swung it at the angel. He would kill them both if he could but even buying him enough time to escape with Twister would be good enough for now. He could always hunt them down later.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:34 am

While Nowe was speaking to the other two, Twister was slowly making his way towards one of his fans, his hand quivering as he reached. The Fire user scoffed at the Vampire, flexing the hand that held the bloodied dagger in it. "Does it look like I care, Corpse? You both will die eventually. But with luck, you will fall here." He paused for a moment before chuckling darkly, looking down at the bloodied wing and the bloodstained feathers littered throughout the room. "Fall. Ha! I made a punny." The Dark user started cackling quietly at the 'joke', his whip jumping slightly where it lay. The talking was giving him the chance he needed, and the Air user lashed out to grab his fan, burying it deep in Shade's side. "Oh, yes. So funny I forgot to laugh." He muttered, voice gruff from the pain. The Angel grunted, pulling away and backing up a bit as he glared at the new Fallen. "When did you lose your sense of humor? Don't tell me we ripped that out with your wings." It would be hard to miss the wince that the boy gave looking at his feathers, and he pushed himself up, the wounds on his back gushing a bit before slowing their blood flow. "Ah... Ow... Just let us leave. Please." The attack by the Vampire was dodged for the most part, though the blade ended up knicking him on the opposite side that Twister had gotten him on, causing the Dark Angel to glare at the man. "Catching me when I was distracted... Nice."

Pyre mimicked the other's tone in a higher note, rolling his eyes afterwards and causing his blade to flicker to life with fire. "Yeah, not gonna happen. Sorry, Daltan. We -will- give you a quick death though, since we always kinda liked you." He was about to step forward when a rough hand came down on his shoulder, and he found himself flying backwards against the wall. The room almost pulsated with the aura of the Angel that had entered the room, and his teeth were bared angrily as he looked at the room. "What is going on here?" He boomed, flaring four silvery gray wings behind him and causing the Dark user to cringe slightly. His pale eyes flickered to the Vampire, then slowly lowered to the Air user, who he gave a deeply apologetic look before looking back to Nowe. "I gave my permission for you to do as you like to them. How did Daltan get wound up in this?" The eldest Angel shook his head, turning to peer at the two wayward Angels with a hard glint in his eyes. "Take him from here. Don't look back. Their lives will be yours, but tonight they belong to me." The two lowered their heads, though the Dark Angel kept shooting glares at the Vampire.

Twister closed his eyes for a moment, his body starting to shake worse as he felt his head get light from blood loss. "He won't kill them... He just wants to punish them..." He said almost weakly, his fans shimmering back into their crystal shapes. "We... We should go..."
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Nowe could care less what Pyre and Shade had to say. He slightly after Twister did and found his blade only nicking the side that Twister hadn't gotten. Unfortunately, the floor ws slick with blood and his hunger making him weak and Twister managed to grab the knife from him. After a brief struggle, Nowe had managed to knock the blade away but not before a deep gash was opened in his chest and he'd been stabbed in the shoulder (the second time that had happened while he was confronting Pyre and Shade). He struggled backward, keeping close to Twister (whom he assumed had kept Pyre occupied in some manner) and trying to decide his next move when there was suddenly someone else in the room with them. The angry voice belonged to First but Nowe didn't take his eyes off of Shade. When the Dark user cringed from the reprimand, Nowe moved forward, grabbed the front of his shirt, and punched him in the stomach, embedding the hidden blade deep in his abdomen. "If you don't die here I will hunt you down and kill you. You are mine now." He whispered, moving back from Shade and pulling the blade out with a hiss.

His eyes didn't leave Shade as First addressed him but shifted his gaze when it was clear the angel had his two opponents subdued. "I didn't ask him to get involved. I knew there was no way Reaper and I could face them and live, not today at least. Twister.....gave us time to escape. I came back because I couldn't let him die for us, though I was too late to save him the fate Reaper suffered at their hands." Here he cast a sad look at Twister and the wings that lie bloodied and broken on the floor. The casual dismissal, an order almost, made Nowe clench his jaw to keep from protesting. He wanted them dead. He didn't care who killed them. He told First as much. "I care not who takes their lives. If it suits you to kill them be my guest." He waved a dismissive hand and turned to Twister, he slid and arm carefully around the new Fallen's shoulders and helped him to stand. "As I said, if it suits him to kill them so be it." He told the Air user, his voice far gentler than it had been when he was speaking to First. "Ja. I'm sure our beloved Necro is going half-mad with worry for our safety. We should reassure him we are still alive, if no longer whole." He added, helping the Air user down the stairs and out of the house without so much as thinking about looking back at First and the two dark angels. He did spare glares for any others that peered out of hiding at him but exited the manor without so much as another word.

They stumbled to the warehouse where he'd left Reaper and activated the elevator into the underground bunker where they found help already waiting for them. They were rushed into a room where Nowe waved off any offers of assistance and place Twister in the hands of some of the best healers he knew. He could not, however, wave off an unnaturally stern-faced girl who appeared no more than twelve. She swept into the room, glanced around, taking in the whole scene, and sweeping out again. She returned several long moments later with Reaper in tow and a mug of something which she pressed into Nowe's hands. "Drink it. Master or not I will not take no for an answer. If I must I will force you to drink." She glared at him and he offered her a feeble smile, taking a sip of the warm, red liquid in the cup with a sigh. "Thanks Sage. But I'm afraid I'll need far more than this to be back to my old self."

"Old is right you hard-headed, stubborn fool! I don't know what got into your head to let you get yourself into this condition but you'll not sit here and get fat on my supplies. That's enough werewolf blood to keep you going until we get you home safe. Then it's up to you to bite your pretty friend there or find someone else to nibble on." She scolded before moving off to oversee the ones tending Twister's wounds. Nowe shook his head and settled back with the mug she'd left him, content to rest and sip the blood she'd offered him.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 am

First had stepped in at the right time, but when Nowe rushed Shade, he didn't do anything besides shake his head slightly. The Dark user, on the other hand, gasped feeling the blade shoved into his stomach, coughing a bit as he looked at the Vampire. For a long second it seemed that all he could do was stare, eyes wide, before he slowly smiled. "Underestimated you, Vampy..." He began, coughing again and grimacing. "I think, if none of this ever happened, I could have stood to like you." His head fell forward as he looked at the blood quickly blossoming on his shirt, and he slide down to the floor with a shakey breath. The eldest Angel returned the man's steady gaze with an impassive one of his own, not responding other than to nod a bit at the other's explanation. As he turned to leave with Twister, his voice followed them, though it was to their minds that he would whisper; "Go forth, in darkness and in light..." The Air user allowed the assassin to help him, but he tried not to put too much weight on him.

"How badly did he get you with that blade...?" His voice was hushed, and he couldn't even manage to lift his head to peer at the man supporting him. He wasn't expecting an answer, and once they'd made it to their destination, he more or less collapsed in the hands of the ones he'd been handed off to. The newly Fallen was close to passing out, but as he was all but carried to another area of the room, the girl he'd seen come in returned, this time with a very familiar face just behind her. "Zachariel..." Reaper's gaze flicked to his brother, blanching a bit at all the blood. "Daltan! Are you- . . . " His eyes scoured the area before landing on the Vampire, and though he kept glancing back at his elder brother, he made his way over to the man, his crimson eyes scrutinizing him. "You were hurt again... I smell the blood." He said quietly, his eyes worried and more than a touch angry. NEVER do that again. Understand? Do you really think I'd sit by if you'd gotten yourself killed? He growled mentally, clenching his fists at his side. When the brief surge of anger passed, he turned and shook his head, going to where the Air user was being tended to. "And you. That was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen you do."

He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes on the other, the corner of his jaw twitching. "Moron... But I'm glad you're alive. How badly was he hurt?" This time he was addressing the healers, eying the blood he'd left around with a sinking suspicion. They hadn't ripped out his wings, had they? If they had, he would hunt them down later and make them pay for it... But for now he had to make sure both he, and his love, were alright.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:44 am

Twister was right when he though Nowe wouldn't answer. The injuries weren't bad, not in the same way they would be for a human. He couldn't technically die from blood loss but it certainly didn't help any. He didn't want Twister worried about him and it took too much effort to try and explain. Right then, they just needed to worry about getting to safety. Once they were there and Twister was stable, they'd be brought back to Nowe's home. He could explain later if Twister felt the urge to ask again. Nowe watched as the healers worked on the newly Fallen, wishing he had been quicker, wishing he could have saved the Air Angel's wings. He watched Reaper with a sort of detached interest, which meant he was a lot more out of it than he thought and he drained the cup Sage had brought him even as his love approached. He looked down at himself, uncurling from the position he'd been sitting in to reveal his injuries to the Fallen, refusing to meet his eyes as he was all but yelled at for what he'd done. He didn't speak, however, just let Reaper walk away to speak with Twister.

At the Fallen's question, it was Sage who stepped forward to answer. "Badly. He's lost a lot of blood. But with our skill he will live. However, he will have a scar like yours." Here she drew a 'v' shape in the air with her fingers. "He was injured thus when Master Nowe brought him in. You should let him rest. He is in good hands." She shooed him away from Twister, trying to get him to move back toward Nowe. "They will both live. But right now you are in our way. Tend to the old one. Try talking sense into him won't you? He at least needs bandages even if he doesn't want them."

Nowe, for his part, made a face at her when she spoke of him, already feeling slightly better thanks to the blood Sage had given him. But he turned his attention to Reaper rather that speak to her. "I'm sorry. They took his wings before I could get there." He let his face show his remorse, his guilt for not being able to do more as he looked to Twister. "First interrupted the fight not long after I got there. We can leave here in safety tonight. Pyre is in his hands for now." His voice was even and emotionless though his eyes showed his emotion as he spoke. And when he returned his gaze to Reaper, they showed a sort of dark satisfaction. "Shade is dead." He lifted his blood-covered right hand and extended the hidden blade he wore there which was also soaked in blood. "He paid his price for what he did to you and to Twister." He let his hand drop and the blade disappeared. He opened his mouth to say more but closed it again, not sure what else to say.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 am

Reaper listened to the girl speak, and he couldn't hide the spasm that crossed his face at the mention of a scar. "Like... Mine..." The words sounded choked, despite the man being far from tears. His eyes traveled back to Twister, allowing himself to be shooed and wandering back to where Nowe was with a stiff gait. Letting his gaze focus on the ground, only inclining his head a bit to listen to what the Vampire had to say. Once he had confirmed what the other had said, he sighed heavily, settling down nearby and clenching his teeth. How could he have let this happen? "My fault..." The words were barely above a whisper, and he flicked his gaze up to meet his Love's, only nodding a bit at his statement that the Dark user was dead. "It's my fault... If I hadn't insisted we'd gone there, none of this would have happened..." As he looked into the other's blue gaze, his own eyes would flicker between Zach's green and his crimson before settling on the latter again. He rubbed at his face a bit, mumbling just loud enough for the man to hear him. "We should get you bandaged. Please... Since I can't do anything for Twister."

"I can even do them for you, if you want."
His voice was more or less dead emotionally, and it was clear from the way he held himself that he was putting himself through hell mentally. He'd been stupid, thinking that he could bring Nowe to his family and everything would be alright. It'd been even more stupid that he'd allowed his guard to drop when he should have been on high alert. It was his fault his older brother was Fallen. But at least Shade had paid for his deeds. Speaking of Shade... "Flare... He must be in agony right now..." He scrunched up his face and buried his face in his hands again, curling up so that his legs were pulled up to his chest. "We aren't made to ever lose our Mirrors... Even though he will live, he won't ever be the same." He was happy that the Dark user was dead, but there was a distinctive pull to go back to the home and try to ease some of the Light user's pain. It was almost instinctive in a sense. "Anyway... Let's get you tended to. Come on."
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:19 am

"Nein. You could not have known this would happen. I am sure Twister doesn't blame you. You should not blame yourself." It was a small comfort but it was the only think Nowe could think to say except 'I told you it was a bad idea' which would not help matters any. He hesitated at the mention of being bandaged. But Twister was in good hands and that was what he had wanted. Twister was in far worse shape than he was. He needed the full attention of the very best of the healers. "If it will set your mind at ease." He agreed, though he knew it would probably be best if he allowed them to stitch the worst of the injuries as well bandages would suffice well enough on their own. He'd more than likely have scars but he could live with scars.

Nowe scooted closer, almost hesitating to touch Reaper, covered in blood as he was, but he wrapped his arms around the huddled angel and merely held him. "It needed to be done." He whispered, giving Reaper a slight squeeze and trying to convey his feelings of sorrow and guilt on Flare's behalf. He hadn't known it would affect anyone else, but even so, he would have done it anyway. Just as he would inflict the same agony upon Patch when he killed Pyre. And...if necessary, he would kill Brio too. Though the agony that death would bring would be harder to bear because it would be Reaper to suffer. But still, he did not trust the Life Angel's absence and he would not trust him until he was certain he'd had nothing to do with what had happened to Reaper. "Yes. Let's." He agreed, hoping tending his injuries would take Reaper's mind off of Twister for a time. At least until the healers had him stable and ready to be moved.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 am

Reaper kept his head almost hidden behind his knees and hands, occasionally shaking as he fought a war with himself. Why did he care so much? Sure, they were his family, but he'd have just brushed things off before as 'not his problem'. When Nowe got close enough to hold him, the Fallen jumped a bit, lifting his head to look at the man before curling up closer to him. For a long moment he didn't speak, letting the other's arms be a sort of comfort as best as he could. Closing his eyes, he briefly tried to imagine what Flare might be going through... Only to visibly cringe from the thought closer to his love and recoil from that thought as quickly as he was able. That was too much... He wouldn't be able to handle that. It took him a while to realize that the Vampire had agreed to allow him to tend his wounds, and he nodded, getting up and tugging the other gently to his feet to lead him somewhere he could reach his wounds more easily. He was nearly silent as he worked, his hands gentle despite shaking as badly as they were.

Once he'd finished, he pulled back, shoving his hands in the pockets of his pajama pants and peering over when the healers finished tending to his brother. He sighed, rubbing hard at his shoulder as he made his way over to the other Angel, peering at him sadly as he slept. "I'm sorry..." He mumbled, wrapping his arms tighter around himself. "I didn't want you to get into this. I didn't want you to end up like me..." Uncaring who was watching, he leaned forward to touch his forehead lightly to his sibling's, scrunching up his face a bit as if to keep himself from crying. "Forgive me." "For what?" Twister opened his gold eye just enough to be able to look at his baby brother, a small smile in place. "I got to help you. And your...friend." He didn't know if these strange people knew what the Vampire was to the Fallen, but he didn't want to give away anything and get them in trouble in case things weren't known. "I managed to keep you safe. Something I've been trying to do for years..." Wincing, he lifted a hand to rustle the Death user's hair, his smile widening slightly. "Reaper... Just look after yourself. And don't do anything dumb, you big dummy." The younger Fallen almost laughed and shook his head, pulling back to rub the back of his neck. "No promises." He looked over his shoulder at his love, something sparking just behind his gaze before he managed to control it. It looked like serious words would be had later. That's a promise.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:06 am

Nowe kept his mouth shut as Reaper tended his wounds. Briefly mourning the loss of yet another shirt to Pyre and Shade. Sage spent her time watching them, her mind working as she processed the information she was picking up just from the way Nowe had been acting ever since he'd contacted her. There was something going on she wasn't quite grasping. The Nowe she'd first met would have left someone as badly injured as the man lying on the table to his fate. And there was mention of someone named Shade being dead. It wasn't a contract she knew of. But then, sometimes assassins killed people that needed killing without being asked to do so. If this Shade had put the badly injured man in this condition, he likely deserved his death. But what if he didn't? Would Nowe go against the Creed? After almost 600 years? She doubted it. What then, would possess him to throw one man into their care while he went back for another? That one was much easily answered as she watched Nowe and Reaper. Nowe cared about Reaper, though she could not guess the depth of his feelings. But she kept her observations to herself. She'd ask Nowe about them later.

Nowe, for his part, watched Sage as she watched them. He knew she was working up to talking to him, gathering information so she was as well informed as she could be. He knew she was sharp and had probably already guessed a lot of things. But she would keep her mouth shut. He trusted her to do that much. When Reaper finished bandaging him up and moved off to speak to Twister, Sage approached him and he sighed. "Je l'aime. Though I am sure you guessed as much." He told her and she gave a slight nod. "I had figured that one out. It is the other, this Twister, that I cannot figure out. You seem to have no particular attachment to him and yet you risked yourself to save him. Why?" Nowe rubbed at his eyes and shrugged. "He is Reaper's brother. He wasn't meant to be involved in this. The ones hunting us, they would have left him alone if he hadn't helped us escape. I couldn't leave him to die when he did not deserve death. Beyond that, even I cannot explain why I went back for him. It just seemed the right thing to do at the time."

Sage seemed satisfied with his answer and merely nodded, turning back to Twister and Reaper. "You're certainly talkative. Do you feel well enough to be moved?" She questioned, approaching Twister and looking him over. He still looked quite pale and weak and she gave a questioning look to Nowe who shrugged and gave her a sort of 'go ahead' gesture. "I can offer you blood to help aid in your healing. It will give your body the energy it needs to heal faster and better fight infections. It will have to be drank fresh, however. Which means direct from the source. You are no vampire and you do not know me. I do not expect you to enjoy the thought of drinking my blood but it will help if you agree." She paused and glanced at Nowe, not sure if Twister would ask if, perhaps, he could have Nowe's blood instead. To squash any thoughts Twister might have had in that direction, she shook her head. "I'm sure Nowe would offer but he barely has blood enough to heal himself, and certainly not enough to share with anyone else." She clicked her tongue in a disapproving manner and waited patiently for Twister's answer while Nowe shifted a bit uncomfortably at Reaper's look. He really didn't want to fight with Reaper about anything anytime in the near future. But somehow he knew it was going to happen anyway.

((And here we'll go with a bit of a time skip I think. Have Twister accept or reject Sage's offer and then have them brought back to Nowe's place? Entirely up to you but now seems a good place to do that. =3))

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:25 am

Twister peered over at the young looking person who came back over to them, reaching to pat Reaper's hand slightly when he eyed her. The newly Fallen offered her a faint smile, nodding a bit in response to her question. "Yeah. ... I think..." He shifted his weight as if he was about to try sitting up when she spoke again, and he paused to listen to her. At first, he wasn't understanding what she was getting at. How would blood help him heal? As she carried on, he began to understand and he blinked a few times, hesitating in answering her. The Death user next to him inclined his head a bit, thinking quietly about the offer that had been made. It was true; their blood kicked up their healing by a considerable amount, but the Air user had never done anything like that. He didn't have the same hunger that the younger Angel had. "If you don't want to, it's okay you know." He peered at his older brother and offered a ghost of a smile. "It's your choice." Daltan bit his lip a bit and sighed, closing his eyes as he let his mind roll over the thought of actually drinking someone else's blood. After a few moments he opened his eyes again and peered at Sage, giving a slight nod. "I'll do it... I don't want to be a burden if I'm still this injured and we have to leave."

Reaper stepped back to allow her to get closer and went back to staring at Nowe. Once everything had been over and done with, the trio had set off back home, where Twister immediately retired to the guest room while the Death Fallen stayed behind in the living room. "I have words for you." He didn't have a biting tone, nor did he look angry. In fact, his voice was quiet, and he was looking up at the ceiling as he spoke. Depending on how Nowe thought about this, it could be a good thing, or a very bad one. The Fallen settled down on the couch, stretching out as he gave the Vampire the same look he'd given him earlier. "Sit." He gestured to the other side of the couch and shifted his body a bit to be able to face him, the corner of his mouth twitching repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:06 am

The ride home was uncomfortably quiet. He knew Reaper wasn't happy with him but didn't want to say anything in front of his brother. They arrived home, Twister was directed to the guest bedroom and Nowe was left alone with Reaper. He was just considering the fact he'd have to buy clothes for Twister in the morning when Reaper spoke up. "I know. You said as much earlier." He replied, not looking at the Fallen when he sat on the couch. He kept his voice carefully neutral, unwilling to ignite a massive argument with Twister just down the hall. Of course, a moment later he was all but ordered to sit and Nowe gave a small shake of his head, turning away from watching the spot where Twister had disappeared down the hallway. "No." That was it. One word. Still in that same carefully neutral tone. And he turned away from Reaper and moved into the kitchen. It wasn't that he didn't want to talk to Reaper. Far from it, he just didn't want to argue where Twister could hear them.

Knowing Reaper would follow him, Nowe headed to the basement but, instead of settling in for whatever argument they were about to have, Nowe more or less ignored the Fallen, moving over to his workspace and pausing a moment to take a breath. He opened a drawer and lifted the bottom of it up, revealing a hidden compartment and retrieved something from it. This he laid on the desk and flipped open, glancing at the contents a moment before closing it again, before stepping away, motioning for Reaper to move forward and take a look. "I know you're upset with me and I know you want to talk but please....take a look at these things first." He instructed, moving out of the way and settling on the edge of a chair where he could watch Reaper's reactions as he looked through the file. The first thing the Fallen would likely notice was the name on the tab.

Zachariel/Reaper
(Angel of Death)

Upon opening it (if he chose to do so), he would be met with the sight of a familiar feather and a scrap of paper that read: "You will return to where your heart is. This is the true Word of Wing." Behind that a sketch of a familiar scene, three people on an island under a tree, one apart from the other two; the other two talking, one with a feather in his hand. The figures would be easily recognizable as well as the tree and the water in the image. Behind that were more drawings, some colored others just shaded sketches, half-written letters and notes, what appeared to be journal entries of a sort. All about (or in the case of the notes and letters, to) Zach and/or Reaper and each one held a confession of sorts about things he hadn't know how to bring up. Even the drawings told a story of sorts. Of course, Nowe had no idea Reaper couldn't read (AKA his roleplayer forgot for a moment) and he didn't really expect him to read everything right then anyway but perhaps at a later time. At the back was an unfinished drawing, not easily identifiable as anything of significance. But if Reaper looked close enough, he'd see a vague likeness of himself (or potentially Zach since there was no eye color to differentiate) and another figure that might have been Nowe. It was unclear what they might have been doing, but the words sketched faintly at the top of the image read: "All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name." And at the bottom, in slightly darker, yet somehow more delicate lettering, was a single word. "Love."

((Feel free to decide what sort of pictures etc are in there. I kinda imagine there being a little doodle of Nowe and Javaid like...maybe holding hands or something and a little doodle of a very ticked off Reaper sort of watching them. Think Inuyasha, Koga and Kagome (can't remember if you even watch that but yeah... |D) that really jealous anime type doodle....because Nowe would. xD)

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 am

No. ... No? Reaper visibly twitched from the refusal and at that point in time, he stopped blinking. He waited, clearly expecting Nowe to come back to where he was seated. When he didn't, the Fallen muttered something under his breath and got up, following after hims as he lead the way. He didn't try to say anything to him, and stopped a good distance away when the other brought something out. His crimson eyes said that he was more than a little upset, and for a long moment he considered telling him no. Eying the Vampire heavily, he made his way over without a word and peered at the thing for a long moment. His name was on this, but he didn't know what was written just under it. The boy frowned slightly, reaching to open the file only to step back quickly seeing what was just under the front of it. That feather. He'd thought it had all just been a dream. Nothing should have come from it, and yet... Stepping close again, he trailed a shaking finger lightly along the base of the feather before biting his lip, flipping through the rest of the file carefully.

If Nowe was paying close enough attention, he'd see Reaper look a bit confused every time a note or letter would turn up, his eyes darting all over the letters before he moved on. The drawings would sometimes earn something that could have been a brief smile, while others made him sigh a little. There was one in particular that made him react quite a bit different; That Javaid man he'd met before. In the drawing, the Vampire was hugging him and Javaid looked quite pleased. Peering around a tree (could they have been at the park?) was what could have been him, looking distressed. The Phoenix looked like he was gloating, and he personally...was upset? The Fallen's gaze hardened slightly and he looked over at Nowe, the corner of his lip twitching more. Rather than speak right then, he flipped through the rest of the file, pausing on one of the last drawings that had more scribbling that he didn't understand. "Why was Javaid in some of those?" His voice was deathly quiet, his tone unreadable as he slowly looked back at the man. He slipped his hands in his pockets, his fist closing around his crystal as he squeezed it to try and keep his temper in check. "And why did you two always look so happy in them?"
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:43 am

Nowe watched Reaper's face carefully as he looked over the things inside, noted the looks of confusion and the smiles, the sighs. Everything. He knew Reaper wasn't reading the letters. He flipped through them too quickly for that. He knew exactly which drawing Reaper had found when the fallen looked at him but gave no response to the look. He merely sat there and let Reaper make his own judgements about the things he was seeing and waited for him to speak. He didn't have long to wait. "Because he is part of my life. I draw things to keep certain memories alive, or sometimes to work through feelings I'm not sure about. That file details the....growth of our relationship. From when we first met up to a few days ago." He moved from the chair and flipped to one of the drawings with Javaid and Denaz in it. "Here. Us at the park the day you first met them. The look on your face when Denaz made a pass at you." He lightly touched the image of Reaper before moving on the the image that had caused Reaper distress. "And this one, just....a figment of my imagination really. I..." He stopped and looked at the picture again. "Looks closer at my face. My mouth is smiling but my eyes are sad. I am not as happy as I appear at first. I drew this about a month and a half ago. I...had been sleeping with Javaid for about three weeks at that point. You and I weren't anything special at the time. I wanted us to be but I was afraid you would leave. As....certain desires built...I found I needed an outlet or I might have pushed you away by....advancing too quickly. So I slept with him instead. He understood it meant nothing; that it was just sex." He didn't look at Reaper as he spoke, merely glanced half-heartedly through the drawings and letters.

"I....stopped seeing him about a week before I told you I loved you. The only contact we've had is over the phone for the past several weeks. I...know I should have told you sooner but I didn't know how. And it wasn't like we were a couple. I saw no harm in what I was doing at the time, though it always felt...wrong to see him. I never got enjoyment out of my...visits with Javaid. All I felt was guilt." He tidied the papers back up and closed the file, turning to Reaper with a sad look on his face. If the Fae was looking closely, he might notice how pale Nowe was as well, how tired he look. "What I did was....stupid and I know that; but I only did what I did to keep from scaring you away, because I love you and I didn't want to lose you." He was sure Reaper would be angry. How could he not be? But at least the truth was out now. And maybe...maybe they could work through it. They hadn't started considering themselves anything even close to a couple until after Nowe had broken things off with Javaid. So he technically hadn't cheated on Reaper. That didn't mean it would be easy for Reaper to deal with. "There are more....confessions of a sort in there. You've never asked what I do for a living or how I was Turned. It's all there. In bits and pieces but everything you could have ever wanted to know is in that file. You can look at them at your leisure." He stepped away from the desk and paced the room a moment before stopping and turning back to Reaper. "But I have distracted you. You had something you wanted to say to me. I am listening. I merely showed you those things so you would understand why I took you away and went back for Twister alone. You're angry with me for that and I understand....but I would not do things any differently if given the chance." He tucked his hands in his pockets and looked at the floor, waiting for Reaper to start yelling at him or...whatever it was he wanted to do.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:03 am

As Nowe finally spoke up, Reaper went silent, tightening his hand around the crystal and pulling it out of his pocket. He squeezed tightly when Denaz was mentioned, but that was nothing compared to how much he clutched it when Nowe finally confessed. It hadn't been what the Fallen was expecting, and he gritted his teeth hard enough that there was a distinctive click sound from where one of his teeth chipped. The hand clutching the crystal ceased to pain him, and he failed to notice when the blood began to drip from it and onto the floor. Just sex. Right. The Fae slowly glanced down at the hand holding the crystal when the Vampire spoke of feeling guilt, looking faintly amused at the fact that the blood was now running down his palm and down his arm. When the crystal started to glow from his anger, he turned and threw it as hard as he could against the wall, smirking a bit at the hole it left. The look on the man's face was more than he could take, and he didn't know whether he was feeling more anger or sadness or what. A small part of his brain registered the fact that the other looked weary and probably needed a good rest. The remaining part gave that small part the finger and started firing off many different things. He sighed heavily, rubbing his hands on his face and ignoring the blood he'd probably smeared across his face by doing this and fixed his seering crimson eyes on the other. "I... I can't..." He might have been about to tell the man that he couldn't read, but his mouth shut before he could.

Instead, he curled his lip at the man, a low angry noise building at the mention of Twister. "You... You bastard!" He finally yelled, one hand flying to the man's throat while his leg lashed out to trip him. If he was successful, he would be able to knock the man on his back and pin him. His other hand formed a fist and he hit Nowe a few times, once or twice in the face and the others in the side of whatever he could reach at the time. "Do you know why I'm angry with you?" He seethed, baring his teeth in possibly one of the angriest faces Nowe had seen him make up until then. "I'm pissed because your happy ass could have gotten killed. You're not fucking invicible, you moron!" Here he shook the Vampire roughly, tightening his hold on the other's throat slightly though still not enough to cut off air supply. "I could have lost you and you don't know what that would have done to me." Now he tightened his hand enough to hopefully leave bruises on the other's neck, shoving him hard enough that he would smack against the ground with any luck. "I don't hate you, but right now I don't exactly like you." Angry? Just a little...
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:31 am

Nowe knew Reaper was angry. But the blood, the blood had his mind fuzzy with hunger. All he could seem to focus on was the scent of blood on the air. He licked his lips a little when he spied it trailing down Reaper's arm but the vague thought that Reaper was angry with him kept him from saying or doing anything. It also kept him from ducking quick enough when Reaper came after him and he suddenly found himself flat on his back with the Angel pinning him down. He could have escaped if he wanted to but something held him back from doing so. He tried to defend himself from the blows but his attempts were weak, half-hearted. Some small part of him knew he ought to fight back, that he didn't deserve to be beaten up like that, but he also knew that he didn't care as much as he should have. He was tired and weak and Reaper was very, very angry with him. When Reaper finally asked him something he shook his head, eyes closed and breath coming in ragged gasps, more like sobs than anything else though there were no tears to go with them. "No I don't!" He knew part of why Reaper was angry but this was more than just Nowe having slept with someone else. And Nowe had no idea what that was.

He didn't have to wait long for his answer, he opened his eyes and there was anger in them as he pulled at his shirt to reveal his bandaged shoulder. Blood was beginning to soak through the bandage again thanks to Reaper hitting him just right and reopening the wound. There would likely be blood on the bandages on his chest as well. "I know that! Why do you think I got you to safety. I haven't had a decent meal of blood in almost two months. I am weak. I couldn't have protected you. If they had let me live but killed you...." He let his voice trail off, opening his eyes again and letting Reaper see the hurt he felt that he had tried to do what he felt was the right thing at the time and it had backfired on him....again. "If they had killed you because I was too weak to protect you I couldn't have lived with myself. Nothing would have stopped me from letting them kill me. I was just trying to protect you. Without you there I had a better chance of getting away again." His voice shook as if he wished nothing more than to cry but tears would not come. Vampires, after all, did not produce tears. "You're right. I don't know what my death would have done to you because you won't tell me. I am just expected to simply know. Or expected to guess and hope I'm not wrong." He reached up and grabbed Reaper's collar, his gaze turning almost scared as he watched the Fallen's face for a moment (also trying to regain his senses thanks to being knocked against the floor a moment before). "Am I wrong? Tell me. Please. I can't bear not knowing." He thought Reaper cared about him. Maybe even loved him. But without hearing the words for himself it was just a guess. And he was very afraid that he had guessed wrong.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:00 pm

"I don't need your damn protection!" Reaper exploded, his face twisting up in an effort to keep the angry face he'd managed to make. "I don't need it! I need you here." Once more his grip tightened, and seeing the hurt in the others eyes... That did it. The Fallen bowed his head, gritting his teeth harder and shaking his head hard. "You... You're something else..." He shook Nowe a bit more then, not as hard as before since now he was mostly trying to focus on not going to pieces himself. Why did this have to happen like this? This wasn't the way he'd imagined things to go, but now there wasn't any going back. Shutting his eyes tight, he allowed the other to grab his collar and just leaned forward a bit, touching his forehead to the man's for a brief moment before he yanked himself back, opening his eyes to show that they were full of tears. "Wrong? Wrong?"

He got up in Nowe's face again, staring at him angrily for a moment before crushing his lips against the other's, the tears from his eyes running down his cheeks. After a moment he pulled back and almost growled. "I love you, goddess damnit! I fucking love you!" He all but yelled again, the tears falling faster. "That's why I was scared shitless when you decided to take off on your own! That's why I'm so pissed off at you right now! ... That's... That's why..." He scooted down a bit, laying his head on the other's shoulder and biting down on his fist to try and calm himself down. "That's why...I didn't like Javaid... I don't like the bond you share with him... I was jeaous..." There. It was out in the open. Was he happy now?
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:48 pm

It was really a rather good thing Nowe didn't need to breathe. Reaper's grip on his throat made doing so somewhat difficult at times. "I'm sorry but I can't help it. I feel compelled to make sure you're safe, it's like I...I need to protect you. Just as you feel the need to have me near, to protect me though I don't need it any more than you do." He whispered, noting distantly how warm Reaper's skin felt against his and briefly wondering how cool his skin felt against Reaper. He barely had time to register that there were tears in Reaper's eyes before the other was back up in his face and, a second later, he was being kissed.

He couldn't hide his surprise when Reaper pulled back again nor at the words he had to say. He went very still for a moment, trying to figure out how he was supposed to respond. Reaper loved him. He'd been afraid when Nowe had gone off to get Twister. He was angry that Nowe wanted to protect him. Angry that he'd gone off and gotten hurt and there was nothing he could have done to prevent it. He was angry and jealous that Nowe shared a bond with Javaid. There wasn't anything he could do to change any of that. All he could do for a moment was let Reaper rest his head on his shoulder, though he made a pained face considering Reaper had chosen his injured shoulder to rest on. He he long since let go of Reaper's collar and instead, shifted a bit to hold his love. "If I could do anything to fix this I would. But all I can do is tell you this: Javaid and I share a bond, yes. But I do not love him. Nor, I think, does he love me. It is not a bond I can escape from without killing Javaid and I see no reason to kill him. He can be annoying, yes, but being irritating is not worth dying for. Besides, the stupid thing only benefits him. I can feel the bond and know he is still alive but not where or if he is hurt. He can feel more, know if I'm hurt and need his help." He brushed a hand over Reaper's cheek, trying to ignore the blood that was now tantalizingly close to him. "You and I share a bond too. One born of blood. When you took my blood, you became mine. No other vampire can bite you without my knowing, though at this point that is really all it does. The longer you and I are together, the stronger the bond grows, the more I can sense and from greater distances. And you, with practice, would be able to sense me as well. Blood, of course, strengthens it far faster." Why he was telling Reaper this right then, he had no idea. He didn't think it really mattered in that exact moment.

Or maybe it did. Because after a moment of simply watching Reaper's face for his answer, he brushed his fingers over the Fallen's neck. "Can I bite you? I need blood if I am going to heal. And, if you wish, it can strengthen the bond between us."

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Reaper was quiet as he listened to Nowe speak, giving a soft noise when the other moved to be able to hold him. He couldn't exactly stop a snort when the other said that being irritating wasn't something worth dying for, mostly because he disagreed though he'd never killed for that reason. The Fae knew plenty of people who were irritating to the highest degree, and he'd been tempted to hurt them badly. Shaking his head a bit to clear it, and couldn't help but tilt his face into the other's hand, covering his love's hand with his own. At the mention of the bond, he opened his eyes and peered at the other, his eyes flashing between crimson and green once again. "That sounds...complicated." He finally said, not so much because of how it was done, just the inner workings of it. The boy didn't mind at all though and closed his eyes to listen. Blood made it stronger... Seemed like he would never be able to get away from that substance. "Complicated... But... I like that."

After a while, he pulled himself free to lean against the wall, and when he felt his love's fingers at his neck, he shivered slightly. The request was quiet, but the Fallen didn't hesitate in answering him. "I've got enough to spare. And I've like that strengthened." He manuevered himself to be able to lean against the wall more, gently pulling the Vampire closer and into his lap, tilting his head to expose his neck more. With luck he was in a comfortable enough position for the other to feed, but if Nowe wanted to straddle him to make it easier, he wasn't going to complain. "If you ever need it, just take it. You know how I react to you biting me anyway... So I wouldn't say no." Maybe things would be easier for them from here on out. ... At least, with luck it would be. There was still the matter of dealing with Pyre, and figuring out where Brio had taken off to, but that would come another time. Tonight it was just him and Nowe.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Complicated. It was an apt description of a lot of things in Nowe's life. "Complicated is right. It is hard to explain but I will try my best if you have questions." He wasn't going to delve into any more explanations just then unless Reaper asked him to. Nowe made a soft sound, a mixture of pain and displeasure, as Reaper shifted and frowned at him though said nothing for a moment. Instead, he smiled when his request was granted and 'eeped' softly when Reaper pulled him closer. "That hurt you know." He scolded gently, shifting to a position that didn't have any bruised or bloodied parts of him in a position where they would hurt.

He huffed lightly at the mention that he could take blood whenever he wanted. "Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean I should just go nibbling on your neck any time the mood takes me. It is always polite to ask first. That way you at least have the opportunity to say no if you wanted." Not that he figured Reaper would say no considering he had said himself it was unlikely. Though he didn't say it, he wouldn't care if Reaper bit him either but he'd leave that topic up for later discussion if Reaper chose to bring it up. Instead, he considered the exposed line of Reaper's skin for a moment and leaned forward, nuzzling into his love's neck and placing a kiss on the pulse point there. The warm rush of blood just under the skin was just waiting for him to taste it. All he had to do was bite down. He was about to do just that when he shifted back and looked at Reaper. "I need for you to stop me when you start to feel light-headed. I don't want you passing out on me. I think we still have things we need to talk about." Perhaps not terribly important things but still things Nowe wanted to talk about. Of course, it was also possible Nowe just didn't want Reaper to pass out because he wanted to snuggle later. He wasn't telling and he wasn't giving Reaper a chance to ask. Instead, gave the Fae a quick smile and sank his fangs into the Fallen's neck, making a very happy sound at the flow of blood that met him.

Profile - History
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 pm

He didn't have any questions. None that were terribly important at least. The Fallen flashed Nowe an innocent smile when he was scolded, and even chuckled a bit at the comment he made about being bitten. It wasn't as if it was that big of a deal. And polite? Reaper was rarely polite; he didn't see the point in it most of the time, since he never had been put in a situation where it would have been needed. "It really doesn't matter to me. And I said when you need it. Not just when you feel like it." He replied easily, shivering a bit at the nuzzling and smiling faintly at the kiss. He tilted his head a bit more, carefully wrapping his arms around the other in a way that he would be able to hold him without hurting him. The Fae closed his eyes, waiting for the bite and opening one eye a bit when he felt the other move back a bit. Making a soft sound of acknowledgment, he closed his eyes again, gasping quietly when he felt the fangs sink into him. There was a brief pain, like the last time, but that soon faded into pleasure.

Reaper gave a low noise and tilted his head more for the other, trailing his fingers lightly down the man's back and shivering a bit more; oddly enough, the shivering was a natural reaction for him when he felt anything like that. He trembled, if only for a little while. After a while, he started to frown as his head got slightly fuzzy. Shaking it a bit, he sighed as he realized he was probably getting lightheaded and gently pushed Nowe back, opening one eye and smiling a little at the man. "Gotta stop that now unless you want me to pass out." He murmured quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dive Right In   

Back to top Go down

Dive Right In
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next