Dark Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 am
Information
» Rules
» Humans
» Werewolves
» Shifters
» Dragons
» Vampires
» Fae
Cbox
Latest topics
» Irish Eyes
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 pm

» The End of the Beginning
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 Emptyby Nowe Veleno Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 am

» Cowboy Casanova v2.0
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

» Dive Right In
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 Emptyby Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

» Hide In Plain Sight...
Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 Emptyby Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Hide In Plain Sight...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

Full Name : Nowe Zavier Veleno
Race : Vampire

Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:52 am

Nowe bit back an angry reply and merely shook his head at Denaz's protest. If Reaper was already moving to pick up the bottles she should have just let him do so, perhaps offered to carry some instead of just snatching them. But then, he hadn't seen what had happened so he just let it go. She didn't really deserve that much more scolding. Though he didn't like her, she also wasn't a bad person. She just did things that irritated people. Though he didn't make any outward show of it, he was pleased that she seemed to have gotten the message that Reaper was truly off limits to her and that she needed to leave him alone. He was also surprised at his own possessiveness of the other, though he was well aware that vampires, as a general rule, were very possessive. They did not share well, if at all. And he had no intentions at all of sharing with Denaz. Nevermind that Reaper was, as yet, not technically his anything but vampire instincts couldn't exactly be reasoned with. "You too." He gave Javaid a softer look, one that said that the Fae had better be careful. Nowe would never forgive himself if he got Javaid killed because he got nosy and asked the Phoenix to look into the angels for him.

He watched the two Fae depart, giving Reaper time to decide what he wanted to do and nodded when he finally spoke. "Home then." He agreed, starting off for home with his mind racing. "Javaid and Denaz can both be pains, yes. I apologize for inflicting them upon you. I didn't expect to see either of them today." He apologized, though there was no way he could have known Javaid was going to show up in the park. He peered at the other when he trailed off and couldn't help but wonder what he'd been about to say. "And what? I get the feeling something other than an over-friendly Phoenix is bothering you." He had no idea Reaper had seen him kiss Javaid nor that it would have bothered him so much. He opened his mouth as if to say something more but couldn't think of anything and closed it again. Let Reaper bring up what he and Javaid had talked about. Because he really had no idea how to approach the subject without pissing the Fae off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:02 am

Reaper waved off the apology and shook his head a bit. "I didn't care about the boy. The girl was the one who was being a pain." Which was mostly true. The beef he had with Javaid was something completely different, and all too confusing for him. "I swear, it seemed like she was trying to get into my pants." An unhappy noise slipped out directly after that, shoving his hands in his pockets as he looked around at the park. It was a nice day, he had to give it that. He glanced over at Nowe with unreadable crimson eyes for a long moment before looking away again. "Don't worry about it." He clenched his fists in his pocket and walked just a bit faster, almost as if trying to distance himself from what he was about to ask. It shouldn't bother him. He shouldn't care. He shouldn't be about to ask what he was, but - "You and the guy. You two a thing?" He kept his voice carefully neutral and a bit on the quiet side, but he asked anyway. Hopefully it would only come across as merely curious and not at all interested in his answer.

Out of the corner of his eye he watched the man open his mouth to speak, and frowned openly when he didn't say anything. "What's got you twisted?" His tone was more curious this time, and he actually wanted to know what was up. His eyes cut over to the man, and rather than turn to face him, kept looking straight ahead. This way he wouldn't give much away, as his mouth was usually the give away to what he was really thinking at the time.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 am

Nowe huffed at Reaper's accusation and shrugged. "It would not surprise me. She's been trying to get into mine for ages. She has not yet succeeded nor will she ever do so." After today, however, he had a feeling Denaz would keep her distance from Reaper. At least for a time. He gave the Fae a concerned look but let the subject of what he hadn't said go, mostly. "I can't help it. I care what you think of my...associates. Friends of a sort. If you don't like them I'll remember not to invite them over for tea." Not that he'd ever invited Javaid to his home. He wasn't entirely sure the Phoenix even knew where he lived, though considering the bond they'd formed he was also sure he could find out if he wanted to. That was not a happy thought. Reaper's question, however sent all through processes to a screeching halt and he even stopped moving for a moment. Him and Javaid? A thing? "Nein. We are not." He considered what else to say and figured Reaper was likely to find certain things out eventually. "Our relationship is....complicated. Phoenixes have a certain....code of honor of sorts. I saved his life. That irreversably bound us together in a manner I do not fully understand. But we are not a thing nor have we ever been." He opted to keep the fact he and Javaid had slept together to himself. Somehow he doubted Reaper wanted to hear that.

Of course, he had to have known Reaper would notice his sudden silence and question it. He frowned and shook his head. "It's...complicated. You....are not going to like me when I tell you..." He trailed off and sort of hunched in on himself guiltily. He hadn't done anything to intentionally upset the Fae and had hoped to bring the subject up at a better time. But unfortunately he wasn't going to be able to wait much longer. "Before I explain further, I want to say...what I did....I did for reasons that felt right at the time. To protect myself and Zach, and by extension to protect you though I had no idea you even existed at the time, much less that you were capable of taking care of yourself. Anyway, I had been hoping to bring the subject up later, when I knew you were less angry with me. But Fate has chosen not to be kind to me today." Which was more or less the truth. He took a deep breath and decided to just spit it out before Reaper got angry that he was delaying. "The information Javaid had for me...it was about your siblings. I've had him keeping an eye out for them in case they returned, so that if they did I could better prepare, take precautions to protect myself and Zach." He didn't look up at Reaper as he spoke at first but he did reach out and touch the Fae's arm, silently urging him to stop and look at him. "Pyre and Shade are back and they're looking for you. Possibly me as well. I gave them no reason to like me on our last meeting. I don't know how they think but it is possible they think that by finding me they can find you as well. We may both be in danger if we don't know they are coming but..." He paused and considered what he was about to offer very carefully before saying anything. "If you want me to have Javaid stop watching for them I will call him immediately upon returning home and tell him as much. I would rather not know what they are up to than have you be angry with me. Your friendship is worth more to me than that." He looked away then, and waited for the Fae's anger to hit. Because how could Reaper not be angry? He'd been keeping tabs on the other Angels without saying anything. If Nowe was in his place, he would be upset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 am

At Nowe's explanation of the female Phoenix, the Fallen couldn't help but bare his teeth a bit more. Wonderful. So she was trying to sleep with him too. "You seem to be popular in that sense." He finally said, though there was no bite to his words or tone; it was mainly stating a fact, though he couldn't quite keep the jealousy completely from his voice. Of course, he didn't recognize it for what it was and merely shrugged a bit at what the other had to say next. "I don't like her. The other one seemed weird to me, but he hasn't done anything worth bleeding for." Which was more or less his way of saying that Javaid was almost okay, though he still didn't like that the Vampire had kissed his cheek. But what he was waiting on was the other's response to the only real question he'd asked, and kept his eyes everywhere but on the man until he answered. The first word confused him a bit, as he didn't speak German, but the 'we are not' caused a bit of a relief to flood through him. "You aren't? Then why-" He fell quiet to listen to the rest of what he had to say, and rather than say anything he just nodded again. He understood. But that didn't mean he approved much. "Sounds like a pain, but he also looks like a good guy. Guess it's better to be bound to him than a douche bag." Which was half-way to a compliment, if the man cared enough to recognize it as such.

Reaper waited with something akin to patience while the other tried to figure out what to say. He had relaxed almost completely up until this point, but at the man's words, he was suspicious once again. "That doesn't sound promising." He grunted, crossing his arms over his chest as he walked. When he started into the explanation, the Fallen nodded a bit, and he felt his eyes dart to the corner to be able to look at him. "I guess that's understandable. Not exactly easy to find out someone has another personality." Especially one as angry and volatile as the Death Angel. When the silence threatened to take hold again he frowned, slowing a bit and turning his head more to look at him. What the other had to say made his eyes widen and he turned more to look at him, a half-dozen different emotions flickering across his face. "You..." He almost jerked his arm away from the other and came to a dead stop, his face settling on a mixture of anger, betrayal, and...worry. "They're what?" Now the anger was only half-way directed at Nowe. The rest of it was directed inwardly, and he cursed himself for living through that damn experience. "When were they last sighted and were they alone?" If it was only them, then they could be handled... He was pulled out of his thoughts when the other spoke up again, and not for the first time was he given a look that questioned his sanity. "Why would you do that? Those two don't care about who they hurt as long as they get what they want." He clenched his fists at his side and gave a low noise, grinding his teeth together. "And what they want is me. I don't want other people getting hurt just because those idiots have bruised egos they need to make up for. And I won't have them surprising us and y-" He cut himself off and shook his head sharply. "No, keep that guy looking for them. We can't afford to let our guards down."
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:27 am

"Do I? It is not as if I ask for it. And just because someone wants something doesn't mean they get it." Except for Javaid. But that had only happened because Nowe had wanted something too. So in the Vampire's mind it didn't count. "I will keep that in mind. To be perfectly honest I don't like her either. But, she's useful. And Javaid can keep her in line most times. At least when he feels like it." Which was not as often as Nowe would like but he wasn't about to admit that. He couldn't help but notice the relief in the other, though the signs were minscule and he held back a smile at the question. "Why what? Why kiss him? Think of it as....a reward of sorts. Denaz isn't the only one who has been after my pants for years. It seemed an appropriate thank you for what he's been doing." He was slightly surprised by the way Reaper more or less accepted things and gave a small shrug. "I can think of a couple others I'd much rather be bound to. If there was a way to break this bond that did not involve the death of one or both people I would take it. For now I am stuck with him. But, like Denaz, Javaid has his uses. besides, he's interesting enough to talk to when you get to know him. As you said, he's not a bad guy when he behaves himself." He gave the Fallen a sort of half smile at that and nodded.

At least he seemed more or less understanding at first though Nowe did not miss the look of anger that the Fae shot him when he finally admitted what he'd done. But the response wasn't as bad as he'd thought it might be. After the initial anger, he was right down to business, asking questions and trying to figure things out. "Just today actually. And as far as I understood it they are the only ones here looking for you. The others are living in the next city over. As long as they stay there I don't care what they're up to. It's Pyre and Shade I worry about." If any other angels came poking about then he'd worry about them. If they kept away he had no quarrel with them. He didn't answer the question right away, instead motioning for Reaper to keep moving. "Why? I already said. I value your friendship more than that. Just knowing they are on the hunt is enough for now. I can take care of myself." His gaze flashed to Reaper when he trailed off and his look was slightly suspicious. "And what? Are you worried about me being injured again? I've had far worse, I assure you." He touched his shoulder whre Pyre had stabbed him, feeling the faint scar under his shirt. He had no explanation or it but it had not healed all the way. "That was a lucky shot becuase I was unprepared. I don't intend to let it happen again. If they come after me again I can assure you they will not walk away a second time." He knew Zach didn't really want them dead and Reaper had seemed reluctant to admit much of anything about them but if it meant keeping himself and Zach alive then he would do whatever it took to make sure that happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

The answer to the question he asked made him smile faintly, though he hid it with a thoughtful rub of his chin and a sigh. "Right then. I get it." He understood rewarding someone for doing something that was good or helpful. When he was back at home, he often carried around Twister's favorite candy to give him for being helpful. Or perhaps he was trying to train his brother as one would train a dog. Either way, the technique proved successful up until he'd run out of the candy. Then the Air Elemental would pitch a fit for all of five minutes before sulking off to find something else to do. A slightly bigger smile flickered across his features at those particular memories, and he came around just in time to hear the word 'death', which made him perk up slightly. "There really is no other way to break that bond? That sucks, but I get how that is too." Here his expression fell a little and he sighed. Yes, he knew what it was like to be bound in an unexplainable way to another person, though he hadn't hated it. At least, not before. Now he wasn't sure how he felt on that particular subject, and he was even more unsure towards the one the bond had been shared with.

He listened quietly to what Nowe had to say and mentally began to calculate how long it would take them to travel all the way here. When Pyre and Shade were determined to get at something, they barely rested in their search for it. That and the Dark Elemental didn't sleep very often as it was, which possibly contributed to his insanity. "Today... And if the others are living in the next city, then that means Psycho Number 1 and Psycho Number 2 can't be that far from us." He muttered, running his hand through his hair irritably. "Damnit. Those idiots never know when to give up." He started walking again, though his pace was quite a bit more jerky than it was before, and he cast a long look at the Vampire. "I'm aware that you can handle yourself. But what if they decide to catch you when I'm not around? Or maybe when you're out somewhere with Zach, having a good time." He sighed and rubbed his face roughly. "I get it that you're some crazy awesome fighter, but don't be stupid when facing those two. Even the most seasoned warrior can make a wrong move and lose a fight in an instant." His crimson eyes darted around the park where they were walking, almost as if he was expecting them to be perched somewhere watching them.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Nowe shook his head at the question. "Not as far as I know. I have not had much opportunity to really ask Javaid about it." He really did need to corner the Phoenix and pry answers from him. He was curious about what else Reaper had said and gave him a questioning look but opted not to ask about it. If Reaper wanted to say something more he would. Nowe would not pry and risk upsetting him.

"Javaid will keep us updated and try to lead them astray. It may buy us time though I don't know how much time or if it will even work." If it didn't he really didn't want to consider what might happen to Javaid. As much as Javaid got on his nerves, he didn't want to be responsible, however indirectly, for his death either. "That's a lot of 'what ifs', Reaper. You sound worried. Don't be. I do not fear death. I have lived a long life, if it is finally my time to die, then I accept that. But I will not go down without a fight." Just because he accepted that he may eventually meet his better and be killed didn't mean he wouldn't fight to the very end to continue living. "I am not just a fighter. I am a hunter. Given the opportunity they wouldn't even know I was there until it was too late. I have trained and perfected my skills since before I was Turned. That is nearly 600 years of honing my skills and living through injuries that would have killed a mortal." However, he couldn't deny that knowing Reaper was concerned about him, though he may not have realized it, sent a certain warmth through him. Though Reaper may want to deny it or not understand it, he cared and Nowe was going to keep that in mind. "If it will make you feel better, however, I will be sure to be careful and if you feel the need to accompany me everywhere I will not complain." He replied, teasing a little even in their dire circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:18 am

Another nod was given before Reaper sighed, shoving his hands in his pocket and looking up at the sky. "Did you at least think to warn him beforehand?" Because if Nowe had sent him in blind, the Fallen wouldn't be able to restrain the hand that would smack the back of his head at it. Which led him spiralling into another train of thought entirely; if he had to punish the man for any reason, how would he go about it and to what extent? The boy's face turned brooding as he contemplated the downside to hanging the Vampire by his toes from the ceiling when his thoughts were interrupted, and he blinked a few times before he was able to focus on him. At his words, he couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head a bit. "Nowe, I figured out you didn't fear death when you insisted on being anywhere near me." When he finally stopped laughing he just smiled a bit, appreciating the fact that the other wouldn't simply give in and take it like a- "I am more or less Death incarnate, remember? The one true Angel of Death." He looked up at the sky again, pursing his lips as he pondered things. He waved off the other a bit before finally fixing his crimson eyes on him, something glinting just behind them. "You may be six centuries old, but I have siblings who are older than that. They've had time to train too." Don't get him wrong, he wasn't trying to belittle the other's experience. He just wanted to make sure he knew what he was up against.

Reaper's eyes darted back to the other when he teased and gave him a flat stare for a moment. But as the moment stretched on, the corner's of the Fallen's mouth began to twitch a bit until he was left giving what was possibly the biggest smile Nowe had seen of him thus far; sure, it was little more than a smirk, but it wa ssomething. "Who said anything about me accompaning you? I could always lock you in one of the rooms and keep you there until the danger's passed." Oh look, he was teasing back. However, letting himself get distracted at all would be a wrong move. Taking care not to be spotted by any humans, an Angel with white and yellow wings touched down behind the Fallen, immediately glomping him and hanging on for dear life. "ZACH! Zachy Zachy Zachy you're okay! You're alive! You...are not Zachy. Whoops!" Twisted released the boy immediately and ducked out of reach as the Death Fae swung around to hit him, angry crimson eyes widening a bit to see him. "Twister? What the hell are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 am

"I did. I think he enjoys it though. One does not get into our line or work if one is afraid of putting oneself in danger. Besides, I get the feeling Javaid is confident they don't know how to kill Phoenixes. And I am confident that he would rather die a hundred times over than betray me. He knows if he does his life is forfeit anyway. Might as well die protecting someone you care about than die because you betrayed them ja?" Reaper's laughter caught him off guard, however, and he gave him a look that questioned his sanity until he spoke and Nowe shook his head. "I find Death fascinating." He gave a small smirk as he spoke and wondered how much he could get away with before Reaper smacked him upside the head. "He's good looking, he likes pancakes and rock music and he's a wonderful kisser. I can certainly think of far worse things for Death to be than that." He replied, finding that he enjoyed this sort of light-hearted banter with the Fallen. Not that he thought Reaper would approve but it was fun to tease him. Of course, he was all seriousness when Reaper mentioned his siblings. "Are Pyre and Shade older than I am?" He'd beaten them once before, he was pretty sure he could do it again.

Nowe actually rolled his eyes at Reaper's teasing and gave him a dismissive wave. "If you think you can imprison me in my own home you are mistaken." He would have said more, perhaps teased about being tied up or something of the sort but there was suddenly someone else there and Nowe reacted without thinking. As soon as the stranger had moved away, Nowe had moved in and before either Angel could react, Nowe would have the new arrival flat on his back with a knife at his throat. "How did you find us? Tell me. Did you lead the others here? So help me if you've led those two here...." He growled, pressing the blade a bit harder against the Angel's neck to make his point. Twister was just lucky many, many years of training had kept Nowe from killing him outright. Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent." He hadn't killed him...yet, but if he'd brought Pyre and Shade with him no amount of innocence would save him if Nowe survived to take his revenge. Vaguely he registered what Reaper had called him and recalled that Javaid had said this one was about as non-threatening as they came and that it was very unlikely he'd be working with the other two but giving in just then would seem like weakness and, since this part of the park was mostly deserted right then, he could at least wait for the other to answer before letting him up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:47 am

It was a fast enough movement that if he'd blinked, he would have missed it. One moment Twister was bouncing on the balls of his feet, his wings furling and unfurling excitedly, the next he was flat on his back with a knife pressed to his neck. Reaper blinked a few times and facepalmed, walking over to tap Nowe on the shoulder. "Let the idiot up, would you? He's not with the other two." Peering down at the Air Elemental, he nudged the boy with his foot, looking unimpressed. The Angel could care less about what the Fallen was going on about. Right now he was more concerned with the blade pressed to his freaking neck. "P-please don't kill me!" He managed to blurt, face panicked. "I h-heard Pyre and Shade were coming this direction so I came on my own... I wanted to w-warn Zach..." His bright gold eyes flickered to his brother and back to the Vampire, and he bit down on his lip hard. "I l-love my b-bro-brother... I would never lead the others to him..." The poor boy, despite looking younger than Zachariel, looked like he was about read to pee himself. When he was finally let up he rubbed at his throat, swallowing hard and offering a nervous smile. "T-thanks... I'm Twister... Zach- Er... Reaper's older brother." He slowly extended a hand while the other Fae snorted, shaking his head.

"Pain in the ass older brother, but yeah. Twister, this is Nowe. He's a friend." The Angel on the ground widened his eyes a bit and glanced quickly back to the Vampire, offering him a slightly bigger smile this time. "Oh. Nice to meet you." He stood and dusted himself off, flicking his wings before donning his glamour, his golden shaded eyes turning a soft green color as well. Shaking his blonde hair from his eyes, he looked around before peering back at the men. "Sorry to drop in on you like that," Twister began, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "I get a little over-excited sometimes." "Sometimes?" Reaper turned to pin him with a long look. "When it's my birthday, you wake me up five hours before the sun actually comes up just to make sure you're the first one to tell me 'Happy Birthday'." That made the Air user pout and he crossed his arms. "At least it shows I care! So...how did you two meet, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 am

Nowe made only the briefest of displeased sounds when Reaper tapped him on the shoulder but made no move to retreat. Though his face remained slightly angry, it was amusing to watch the Angel squirm and beg. Yes, it was mean, but no one had ever accused Nowe of being nice all the time. "You heard they were coming this way? What does that mean? Toward this city or toward this park? How close are they?" He questioned, his tone less threatening and more concerned even as he let the other up, the blade he'd held seeming to disappear into thin air. He gave Twister's hand a look almost as if he had no idea what to do with it, and proceeded to ignore the offer. He wasn't about to just shake hands with the angel after threatening him, after all.

When the introduction was made, Nowe merely huffed and said nothing. He didn't much like Twister just then all things considered. So he saw no reason to be polite to him. At the apology he gave the Angel a flat look and was tempted to roll his eyes. "A word to the wise, Twister, never sneak up on me like that again. You're lucky I didn't kill you." He warned, tugging the sleeve of his shirt a bit as if adjusting it to hide something. He listened to their brief banter with growing impatience and was caught slightly off guard when a question was asked and Reaper didn't immediately answer. "I happened to be in the right place at the right time." He didn't really feel like explaining much more than that but shrugged and continued anyway. "I saved his life. Pyre and Shade were attacking him, I happened to come across them and helped him out. Once the others had run off I tended his wounds as best I could." Which was all Twister was going to get from Nowe as he looked around. "We should keep moving. I don't like standing around in the open like this." He said, though he wasn't sure he wanted Twister tagging along if they were going home. Despite his assurances that he wasn't working with Pyre and Shade, Nowe did not wholly trust him to keep quiet if they decided to pry the information from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Twister managed to nod, still a bit uneasy around the man. "They were headed towards this city last I heard... That was this morning and they were traveling by foot. It'll take them a couple days to make it here." His body posture was stiff, almost as if he believed that moving at all would get him stabbed with the magical disappearing bladey thing of doom. His eyes darted to his sibling, as if silently pleading for help, but he only received a cold glare in return. Flinching, he looked down, finally dropping his hand to his side and kicking the ground a bit. "They're still far enough that you shouldn't have to worry about unexpected visits any time soon." When he was reminded just how close he came to death (haha), he nodded, eyes a bit tearful. "I'm sorry... I really am. I just missed my brother..." He went quiet, kicking the ground a bit more and refusing to meet the younger Fae's gaze when he cleared his throat. "Oh, suck it up you big baby. Next time, I won't ask him to let you up. You know better than to go pouncing on people anyway." The Air user hung his head and nodded, accepting the scolding without much of a fuss.

Looking back to Nowe, the Fallen's eyes went unreadable at his explanation. "He neglected to mention the fight I put up when he tried to help me after they left." A hint of a smile curved his lip before he nodded and walked past them both, only turning partially to pin his brother with another long look. "We are going home. You are going to go back like nothing happened. You couldn't find me, got it? And find a way to get me a feather of yours to let me know when they're close." Twister's eyes got a bit wide and teary, but he nodded and backed up a bit. "Keep safe, brother. And you too... Brother's Friend." He flared his wings and kicked off the ground, heading away from the men and hoping he could make it home before night fell.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:17 pm

So they had a couple days before Pyre and Shade were likely to show up. Good to know. He smirked a bit at the fact they were on foot and figured they were because one still wasn't able to fly after the beating Nowe had given his wing. The feel of bone snapping under the force of his hit had been quite pleasant. He rolled his eyes at the comment about unexpected visits though. "I've had two unexpected visits in the past hour or so." He may not have had to worry about unexpected visits from Pyre or Shade but with Javaid and some of the other assassins likely to drop in at a moment's notice, unexpected visits were a part of life as far as he was concerned. "If there is a next time I may just put a blade in him to prove a point." He wouldn't kill Twister but Twister and Reaper wouldn't know that. But he was not above putting a knife through someone's arm or shoulder to teach them a lesson.

He gave a small shrug at Reaper's addition to his story of how they met. "I won that little argument, Reaper. So I saw no reason to include it." He replied casually, though there was a hint of a smile on his face as he spoke. He knew Reaper hadn't forgotten how he'd 'won'. He watched Twister take off and wondered if Twister would actually act like he hadn't found Reaper and how he might go about leaving a feather, if he was even willing to do that. "I don't like that he was able to find us so easily." The fact that the Angels had only recently come around and one had been able to track them down only moments after Javaid had warned him they were coming was unsettling. He did not like it one bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Reaper sighed and rubbed at his head, watching his brother wing off with a look of irritation. However, if he had to admit it, it was good to see him today. His gaze remained locked on the Angel until he'd completely faded from sight, though he soon was looking at Nowe out of the corner of his eye. "Since you don't trust him, not that I blame you since you don't know him... Trust my judgment. I know my brother, and I know that he wouldn't rat me out to people who would hurt me." There had been a time in the past when he'd had one of his rages, and none of his family knew except for the Air elemental. And that's only because he had covered up the mess with some elaborate story. For being a bit of a ditz, the older Fae was quite convincing when he needed to be. "Yeah, I don't like it much either, but let's go. I'm tired of being out here." Translation - I'm sick of being around humans and being out in the open. He started walking again, his eyes darting around in case another one of his sibling decided to drop in uninvited like the moron from earlier had. "And I'm getting hungry again." Not that he was famished, but since food seemed to be so easily obtainable when he was around the Vampire, he felt the need to make it known when his stomach demanded food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide In Plain Sight...   Hide In Plain Sight... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hide In Plain Sight...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Requiem :: Coast :: Niobe's Point-
Jump to: