Dark Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 am
Information
» Rules
» Humans
» Werewolves
» Shifters
» Dragons
» Vampires
» Fae
Cbox
Latest topics
» Irish Eyes
Be My Escape - Page 2 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 pm

» The End of the Beginning
Be My Escape - Page 2 Emptyby Nowe Veleno Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 am

» Cowboy Casanova v2.0
Be My Escape - Page 2 Emptyby Kythen Lyaer Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

» Dive Right In
Be My Escape - Page 2 Emptyby Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 am

» Hide In Plain Sight...
Be My Escape - Page 2 Emptyby Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Be My Escape

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

Full Name : Nowe Zavier Veleno
Race : Vampire

Be My Escape - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:12 am

The dangerous looks the two were sharing were enough to make the rest of the boys think twice without their leader there to tell them what to do. But even that wouldn't be enough to save them. When Reaper moved forward, so did Nowe, closing in on the two remaining boys, brothers by the looks of them. The vampire wasn't terribly concerned with what the Fallen was doing as he moved toward the boy. Of course, they were a bit smarter than he gave them credit for and when he lunged at them, they split up and he found himself between them. He could keep an eye on both of them easily enough and could easily take them out but there was no reason to take them out so quickly. So he allowed the one behind him to grab him and the other closed in, clearly intent on dealing as much damage as he could. He hesitated, though, at the smirk Nowe gave him and the sight of Reaper taking out their other companion.

In a movement quicker than either boy could match, Nowe elbowed his captor in the ribs and kicked out at the other, missing as the boy dodged. "Afraid are you? Not so brave now that the odds are evened?" He hissed, smirking as the pair of them fled when he took a step forward. Of course, that left no one around but the pair of unconscious boys when Reaper stood. And Nowe wasn't about to let the Fallen take off after the two escapees, especially when he noted the way the other was acting. There was something off about him, dark and dangerous and Nowe was sure that if he let the other run after the boys, they would die and, except for the fact that they were idiots who beat up on gay couples, were innocents. Therefore he couldn't kill them or allow them to be killed. So, he stepped in front of the other and closed a hand around his wrist. "Come. We should go home. They are not worth going after." He stated, giving the Fallen's wrist a squeeze to show that he wasn't about to let go that easily. "If you feel the need you can spar with me when we get home. If you can best me you can go hunting them to your heart's content. If I win, you stay home and forget about those boys." It was the only thing he could think of to say that might convince the Fallen to go with him. If that didn't work, he could always just knock him out and drag him off if he really had to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:27 am

Reaper was itching to jump at the two boys who Nowe was dealing with, but instead he took to inching closer, waiting for the moment the Vampire was out of the way before making a move. However, the other managed to scare them off, which earned a soft grumble of disapproval from the twitchy Fallen. Instead, he leaned forward as if to slip into a running stance, giving them a good enough lead and mentally preparing to make a break for it...when a hand was suddenly clasped around his wrist. The boy hissed and jerked his arm back instictively, not even pausing once he saw that it was the Assassin who held him back and not one of the boys. "Not worth it...? I've killed for less reason than the one they gave today." He growled in response, jerking his wrist again and glaring at the other when he squeezed. The jerk really wasn't going to let go... Fine then. The Fae's crimson gaze had slowly slid over to the unconscious boys, a contemplative look stealing across his features. If he could just rouse them, he could have a bit of play time with them instead...

His attention was dragged back to the Vampire when he spoke up again, which earned him a small look of surprise before he went back to glaring. "How can I be sure you will be true to your word?" He asked, infusing a skepitcal tone in his voice though he knew, although he admitted it grudgingly, that he could trust Nowe. But he would still make the other work for the full trust - it took a lot to earn even this little bit of trust he had for the Assassin, and only then it was because of what he saw in Zach's memories. Another wary look was given to the other before he kicked backwards at one of the boys a bit, flashing the Vamp an almost innocent look before...well. Glaring again. "Alright, fine. We'll go back to your home. No funny business, got it?" And by funny business, he was implying that if Nowe tried to kiss him again, even if there was a mistletoe, there would be hell to pay. He wasn't about to let down his walls any time soon, after all.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:01 am

Nowe's grip tightened and his face hardened when the Fallen said he'd killed for less reason than some name calling and a scratch on the cheek. He had to remind himself that the Fae wasn't an assassin and therefore had no knowledge of their creed. That and, if Zach was to be believed and Nowe had no reason not to, he was also the angel of Death and Death was part of who he was. "Then you're a fool and a murderer. There is no reason to kill those boys. Fools they may be but if we killed every fool in the world there would be no one left. Leave them be." As far as Nowe was concerned, aside from them being more or less innocent, they weren't worth the time and energy to chase down and deal with. Not when he could focus his energy on the infinitely more interesting task of getting to know this side of Zach better. Not that the Fallen was likely to agree to that being a better use of their time but that was just too damn bad for him.

The question earned him a raised eyebrow look and a shrug. "You don't." Did he expect any answer other than that one? "Thus far I have given you very little reason not to trust me. Either you trust me or you don't. I could care less." Okay so he did care. He cared a lot but somehow he got the feeling asking for the Fallen's trust wouldn't get him very far. But that was true of a lot of people Nowe knew. He frowned and resisted the urge to smack the Fallen for kicking at one of the boys but he was agreeing to go home. That was a step in the right direction and he wasn't about to do anything to make Reaper change his mind. He did, however, give the Fallen a faint smile before shrugging and smoothing his expression into a look of polite innocence. "Funny business? I have no idea what you're talking about." He said, debating whether or not he ought to let go of the Fallen's wrist or not. He wasn't entirely sure he trusted him not to take off or something. But if he wanted to gain the other's trust, he needed to first show trust in return. So he loosened his grip on the other and resolving to chase him down if he ran, let go of him. "Come on then. But first....what should I call you? I get the feeling you are not the same person as Zach though you share the same body. So what, then, is your name?" Because calling him 'hey you' was rather impolite and referring to him as Zach felt wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:21 am

Whether the other recognized it or not, despite the out-right violence he showed, Reaper wasn't exactly as much of a murderer as the Assassin thought... At least not a cold-blooded one. Yes, he'd killed for less than what the boys had done that day, but it wasn't acting in his own stead. No... He'd killed for less defending his siblings. And half the time he hadn't even meant to kill the ones who lashed out at them. They just managed to piss him off to the point where he couldn't exactly hold back anymore, and his siblings weren't as...head-strong as the Vampire was. None of them had been willing to be near him, much less grab him, when here Nowe was...more or less blocking his path of chaos and destruction. That alone earned a tiny point of respect from the Fallen, though the only way he managed to respond was by making his glare less severe. He was used to getting his way around the other Angels, so he had to think of a different way to deal with this man; the usual threats, death glares, plain violence wouldn't work as it did with others. When he spoke again, the Fae resorted to pretending he didn't hear the other, which was far from the case - he was listening rather intently to what he had to say, and the 'I could care less' comment earned a tiny smirk.

Alright, so the Vampire amused him a bit. That wasn't a crime. The innocence from the other earned another hard, skeptical look, though he didn't respond besides snorting at him. Sure. If he wanted to pretend he hadn't kissed his other side, then let him. He wasn't going to force him to admit he'd done anything... Though he wanted to smack Nowe upside the head for kissing him in the first place. After all, he refused to acknowledge that Zach felt anything for the other, so making things harder on him was the only route to go. Once he felt the slack in the other's grip, he took his wrist in his other hand and rubbed at it absently, glaring back at the boys for getting him in this situation to begin with. Hearing the other talk again, he lifted his crimson gaze to meet the Vampire's blue eyes and tilted his head. That was the first time anyone had asked his name... "Huh... Well I'll be. Never thought that anyone would actually care enough to notice we're different." He began, folding his hands behind his head as he peered at the man. "You're right though - I'm definitely someone different than the meat puppet, though only my siblings have treated me as such. The name's Reaper, and if I remember correctly, your name is Nowe. ... Nowe Zavier Valeno. But I could be wrong. Things tend to be a bit fuzzy when you get knocked out with a dagger handle." If Nowe was paying attention, he might catch the ghost of a smile playing on the Fallen's lips, though he tried to keep his eyes narrowed in his glare from earlier.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 am

There were a lot of things Nowe noticed about the fallen. Like the way his eyes changed from grey-green to bloody crimson, the way he held himself, the way his glare was just....not as fierce as it could have been and the little smirk that his comment about not caring about trust got him. Oh yes, he noticed all of that and stored the information away for later. He knew this side of Zach didn't like him, he had no reason to, but there were small things that suggested there was hope for getting the fallen to warm up to him. It would probably take awhile but that was fine by him. Zach presented an interesting challenge. What with the complete and utter innocnece of Zach and the....dark and dangerous feel that this side of him had. Was there a way to get the two sides to combine? He didn't know. But it would be interesting to find out.

The somewhat surprised comment from the Fallen earned him a shrug in return. "I notice a lot of things. It is part of my job to notice things most others might overlook." Especially when he was involved in hunting a target or just hunting in general. If he didn't pay attention to small things, he could miss something important that would put the entire mission in jeopardy. He kept his expression carefully neutral as the other looked at him, and had to try hard not to frown when he refered to Zach as a meat puppet. He could not, however, resist the smile at the last comment from the other. "I have gone by many names but yes, that is the one I use now. Except that it is Veleno, not Valeno. Not that my last name is of any importance to this conversation." He did catch the small smile and a sly smirk crossed his own features. "Well it was clearly the only way to get you to come quietly so I could tend your wounds. But if you would like a rematch then by all means, there's the car." He said, indicating his car with a careless wave of his hand.

Knowing that Reaper would find it hard to resist, Nowe showed an amazing amount of trust and turned his back on the Fallen, heading for the car. The ride home was spent in silence, there was very little to talk about after all. When they got there, he hung up his jacket and set their bags of clothes on the living room couch. "If you still want to spar then follow me. But tell no one this room exists." He said, opening the door that lead down into the basement and disappearing down the stairs. Should Reaper choose to follow him, he'd find himself in the Assassin's workshop with a small-ish practice area off to one side. It was by no means a large area but it would do well enough for solo practice or a sparring match. Nowe was standing to one side of the ring, shirtless and stretching in preparation for the match (or a solo session if Reaper her chosen not to follow). "So...you decided to join me after all? Good. We won't be using any weapons to even the odds a little bit but otherwise all bets are off." Which would make things quite interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:56 pm

The fact that he was presented with Nowe's back made Reaper take a half-step back, looking uncertain for a moment. For someone to display that amount of trust, even if it was fake (which the Fae assumed it was), was another surprise. So he sat there and blinked for a few moments before slowly following, getting into the car with the Vampire and sitting in stony silence. It wasn't because he didn't want to talk, though honestly he really didn't, but because he was reflecting on the day's events. Once they were 'home' again, the Fallen looked around, visibly relaxing by a tiny fraction as he stepped deeper into the room. He didn't dignify the other with a response when he was told to follow, but instead waiting a moment before hesitantly following him, body tensed to turn and bolt if he needed to. Trailing his fingers on either side of the walls as he walked, he focused on masking the sounds of his footsteps before stepping into the workshop.

A quick glance around the room revealed that he was in a confined space, and considering how Nowe knew this room very well, chances are he could be easily put down if the other wanted. Lovely. His crimson gaze slowly flickered to the Vampire, blinking twice rapidly in response to seeing him shirtless. It would be the only outward response he would get from the Fallen, and he eventually started walking closer, nodding a bit to the other's rules. "Yeah, yeah. Alright. Sure." He stepped into the ring, took a fighting stance, and slowly started circling the assassin...

Some time later~

Reaper wasn't happy. In the least. He was laying on his back, panting a bit and glaring at Nowe with as much venom as he possibly could. He'd lost. He'd lost because he hadn't anticipated that last move, and because he was distracted. The Fae grumbled darkly under his breath as he rolled onto his side before sitting up, casting another murderous glare over his shoulder as he debated getting a cheap shot in. But he wouldn't. Despite being pissed to all hell, he knew when to acknowledge a loss with honor...or as close to it as he was capable of. Without saying a word to the Vampire, he stood, walking stiffly out of the basement-type area and back into the living room. He stalked over to the couch and flopped down on it stomach-down, growling and grumbling into one of the pillows again. He'd lost...but it wouldn't happen again. Not now that he knew how, more or less, the other fought.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:03 am

Nowe was actually sort of surprised that he'd beaten the Fallen without having to resort to underhanded means to do so. That wasn't to say that winning had been easy or he'd gotten off without Reaper getting a few good hits in. There was already a bruise forming over his ribs where the Fallen had kicked him and he was pretty sure he had a minor black eye after Reaper had caught him unawares and punched him in the face. He'd taken the opportunity of sparring with the Fallen to study his fighting style and learning what he could. From what he'd learned, the Fallen had been taught how to fight and fight well but was, perhaps, a little off after not doing so for awhile and he seemed like he was a little bit distracted too. And Nowe kinda had a feeling at least part of that was because of him but in all honesty, that was why he'd taken his shirt off anyway. That and the turtleneck wasn't really comfortable to spar in anyway.

But in the end, regardless of whether or not Reaper was rusty or distracted, he had managed to pin the Fallen and end the match as the victor. He blatantly ignored the glares being shot his way, going about arranging the ring to how it was before and letting the Fae be grumpy because he lost. He trusted that Reaper would honor their agreement, especially knowing that if Nowe wanted to stop him he could. He watched the Fallen stalk off with a smirk and finished cleaning up the ring and pulled his shirt back on before heading back upstairs into the main part of the house. He passed the living room and headed into the kitchen, pulling out two wine glasses and pouring a half a glass of blood wine into each. If nothing else, it would serve as a peace offering even if the Fallen didn't accept it.

Taking both glasses, Nowe made his way into the living room, the ghost of a smile crossing his features when he realized that Reaper was still grumbling unhappily at one of the throw pillows. Moving silently, he set the glasses down on the table and settled on the edge of the couch. Without waiting for Reaper to say anything, he placed his hands on his shoulders and started a gentle massage. "You are far too tense, Reaper. It was just a sparring match. No need to be a sore loser." He scolded, pausing a moment to poke the Fallen's side. "I don't know if you want any or not but I brought you some wine. Orange juice or water just seemed....unappetizing." He added, resuming the massage in silence. Corisandra leaped up to sprawl on the back of the couch, studying the Fallen while Nowe worked. Several minutes passed before the vampire spoke again and his hands paused a moment as he tried to think of the right words to say. "I am curious....what do you think of the people who did this to you?" He let one hand trail down Reaper's back, tracing one side of the V shaped scar he knew was hidden under the shirt the Fallen was wearing to indicate what the 'this' was that he was talking about. "Zach was....hesitant to say much. Just that they were family. I was curious to know what you had to say about it." He questioned, resuming the massage though he half expected Reaper to push him away after that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:22 am

The only way that Reaper acknowledged that Nowe had finally come out of the basement was by grumbling a bit louder for a moment. Every once in a while he would shake his fist at nothing in particular, huffing and going back to muttering under his breath. With the way he was going on, he wouldn't have noticed the Vampire coming into the living room, especially considering the way the other was moving. And so the Fae growled a bit louder, head-butting the couch a bit. His fit would have been amusing and chances are, if the other hadn't chosen that moment to touch him, he would have continued grumbling for a few hours yet. At the feel of the assassin's hands on his shoulders, he stiffened and slowly turned to be able to look at him out of the corner of an eye, a low noise crossed between uncertainty and annoyance escaping. At the man's words, he snorted, burying his face back into the couch and refusing to relax under his touch. No. No way. No chance. The poke in his side earned a soft noise akin to a growl, though he did glance at the cup the man had brought with interest.

Wine was good, but he wasn't about to give the other the pleasure of knowing that it cheered him up a bit. "Everything is unappetizing at the moment." He grumbled in response, relaxing despite himself under the man's hands. The Fae let his eyes droop a bit, a tiny content noise escaping under his breath. Alright, if he had to admit it, Nowe was good with his hands. When his hands paused, the Fallen tensed just a tiny bit, waiting for whatever it was that the Vampire was going to say... Because he -would- have something to say. He doesn't stay quiet long, that one. Reaper was pondering his response when the other did something that made him stiffen again, and he bucked his body a bit without thinking about it. "Don't touch that." He warned, turning to glare lightly at the assassin. He shrugged his shoulders to try and get him to stop massaging, at least while he pondered his response, and sighed. "Figures. You're not going to get much of a different answer from me. I may be able to beat the hell out of them, and if it came down to it I would kill them, but I wouldn't seek them out." He paused, thinking about it a bit more. "Not unless they gave me a reason to." Trailing off, he put his head down again and went quiet, a silent indication that Nowe wasn't to ask more about the subject.

However, that didn't mean he had to refrain from asking any other questions. He just might get shorter answers and more glares depending on what he asked.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:03 am

When Reaper tensed under his hands Nowe smirked and continued with what he was doing anyway. Any other time he might have backed off and just left his companion alone but with Reaper, he was going to push his limits, see what he could and could not get away with. Reaper was different than Zach, that much had been immediately obvious and this was the first time he'd gotten a chance to speak with Reaper since he'd met him, though it was entirely too weird to be talking about Reaper and Zach as two separate people when they shared the same body. But....that was something he would get used to. He gave a soft huff at the dismissal of the drink and prodded Reaper in the back of the head. "Drink it anyway." He prompted, not willing to let the wine go to waste (nevermind the fact he'd drink it himself later if Reaper didn't want it).

He smirked a bit when he felt Reaper relaxing under his hands and was glad for it. If nothing else it meant that the Fae was somewhat comfortable with him. That and it meant he hadn't lost his ability to give a good massage though that point had never been in dispute. Of course, his progress took a proverbial step backward when he touched the scar on Reaper's back and the other stiffened under his touch. He did stop massaging when Reaper shrugged but not because the other wanted him to. He collected his glass of wine and swirl the contents around thoughtfully. "Why don't you want me to touch your scars?" He questioned, placing one hand lightly on the Fallen's back between the scars and giving him a curious look. He knew that he could see parts of the Fae's past by touching the bare skin but he hadn't seen or felt anything by touching them through the shirt.

He took a sip of his wine as Reaper continued, answering his question about the others and frowned a bit in confusion. He stayed silent for a moment, sipping thoughtfully at his wine while he considered what to say. For whatever reason the Fae didn't want to hunt down his family that had tried to kill him but he had been quite willing to chase down some humans for cutting his cheek. "They were going to torture and kill you." Was his only comment on the topic, sensing that it wasn't something the Fallen wanted to talk about for the time being. So, he fell silent and resisted the rather strong urge to lie down and snuggle up to the Fae, instead focusing on his glass and trying to think of something else to talk about. Eventually he shifted and settled on the floor, leaning his back against the couch and looking up at the Fallen from where he sat. "Tell me about yourself? We didn't get much of a chance to talk before and I would like to know more about you." Which was completely true. He figured there were plenty of things about Zach and Reaper that were the same but there were also going to be plenty of things that were different too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:16 am

Drink it anyway. AND a poke in the back of the head. Reaper loosed another low growl-like noise, grumbling darkly under his breath before burying his face back into the couch. Oh, he would drink it alright... But only when he was sure that Nowe wasn't around to watch. For the time being he would continue to be grumpy and snarly, and if the Vampire gave him a reason to snap and leave the room, he'd be entirely too happy. Though that's only if he has a good reason. Until then, he'd have to attempt to be civil... Attempt. Doesn't mean he'd be successful. He'd just barely began to relax again when the man decided to do something to make him uneasy again - that hand on his back made the Fae jump a bit, and he twisted around to glare with the venom in his gaze from earlier. "Because without the shirt, you'd get an all expenses-paid ticket to my past, and I don't need you knowing anything about me that you shouldn't." He let his gaze settle on the ground and he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose hard enough to cause the faint beginings of a bruise before sighing. "But something tells me you already knew that. Despite the fact that I have a layer of fabric between your fingers and my scars, it makes me uneasy for you to touch them." That and anyone touching his scars brought back painful memories of that day... The Fallen shuddered as his mind threatened to claim him, gritting his teeth for a moment before slowly starting to relax again. He wasn't in the past, having his wings ripped out... He was in the present, with an incredibly annoying person.

The Fae's fingers flitted to his cheek (which he'd grudgingly allowed Nowe to patch up) and rested his fingertips to the bandage there. His temper got the better of him sometimes, but he wasn't about to explain himself to anyone. Least of all this...this person who currently had his feet in their lap. 'They were going to torture and kill you'. Was that...supposed to prove some sort of point? The only response the Vampire would earn for that comment would be a low growl-like noise and a snort before he buried his face back into the couch. He only lifted his gaze when he felt movement and turned to pin Nowe with his bright crimson gaze, looking a bit skeptical for a moment. Was that some sort of trick? Reaper gave an uncertain noise, sitting up finally and letting his eyes go half-lidded as he peered at the man. It wouldn't hurt to -talk- to him, he supposed. "First of all, no more touching my scars unless I tell you it's alright, got it? Whether I've got a shirt on or not. No touchy the scars." He shifted a bit, sitting cross-legged and leaning forward a bit to be able to peer at the other. "Second... Well. What do you want to know? The subject of my family is strictly off-limits though." His voice carried a growl as the last few words trailed off, a promise to do...something to the man if he didn't listen clear in the unspoken threat. He was allowing the assassin a small window of trust here, giving him the chance to ask about anything he wanted. It wasn't just anyone who got this chance, and the only reason he was giving it is because of Zach's feelings toward him. That and it gave him the excuse to pull the same card later if he needed to. You know what they say - keep your friends close, your enemies closer. Not that Nowe was an enemy... Yet.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:50 am

So it hadn't been some sort of weird one-time-only vision he'd seen. Interesting. Very interesting. Though the interest did not show on the vampire's face to avoid upsetting Reaper again. He was relatively calm and talking civilly, no sense in doing anything to reverse that. Though he did let a guilty look slip over his feature's when the Fallen continued. "Ja. I knew. But before you get too angry it was an accident. I was bandaging your wounds and it was unavoidable. And if it will ease your mind it was, as far as I can tell, nothing important. Just a training session with....Pyre I believe he was called. That is all." Which was somewhat untrue but Reaper didn't need to know that. Besides, even Nowe wasn't entirely sure what, exactly, he'd seen nor what it had meant when the vision had gone black.

He was silent when the Fallen touched the bandgage on his cheek. There hadn't really been a need for it but it dulled the tempting scent of the Fae's blood enough that it didn't bother Nowe. He ignored the growl and the snort at his comment. He hadn't been expecting anything different. The silence lengthened and he was starting to think he'd never get a reply when the Fae sat up and shifted to face him. The first words earned Reaper a half-smile and he held up his hands in a gesture of surrender. "Fine. I won't touch. Though if Zach gives me permission I cannot say that I won't accept the offer." Of course, what he didn't say was that that would only be when Zach was the one 'in charge' so to speak. With Reaper, he would honor the promise until he had permission from both sides. Which, again, was rather complicated to think about and so...he didn't. Merely made a face at the mention that the subject of family was off limits. Well fine, he'd think of something else. And he smirked when he thought of something to ask just to annoy the other. "I'd like to know the things you say I shouldn't know. I do not like secrets." No, he didn't really expect an answer and he sipped his wine with a sly look in his eyes before he settled on a topic that seemed relatively safe.

"Foolishness aside, why not start with the basics? Perhaps...your favorite things? Your favorite food and color, maybe your favorite music. Things like that." He questioned, knowing there was no safer topic out there than someone's favorites. "And don't expect me to ask all the questions either. If you would like to know something about me say so. There is very little of my past that I would be unwilling to share." There see? Reaper didn't have to be the only one sharing. Perhaps that would make things easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 am

At Nowe's explanation that it'd been an accident, Reaper nodded a bit. "I'm not gonna ride your ass for an accident, easy... Oh? Must've been sort of dull then." He stretched, reaching his arms as high above his head as he could manage with a quiet content noise. For once, he wasn't injured in some way, sore, or anything of the sort. It was...nice. Of course, that ghost of a smile only lasted until Nowe opened his mouth again, earning himself a flat look with his narrowed gaze. Like hell he... Fine. The Fallen sighed, surprisingly not contesting that statement with another growl. He did, however, look away from the Vampire, shaking his head a bit as he drifted off in his thoughts. It was sort of amusing, thinking of all the ways he could cause the assassin pain and yet not seriously considering any of them. He could leap off the couch and wrestle the man until he was face down on the ground and rub his nose on the carpet, for one. Or he could kick out 'accidentally' and knock him in the back of the head. A tiny smirk tilted the corner of his mouth up as his mind flitted through several more scenarios, and he was about to open his mouth to say something when the other spoke up again... The Fae's eye twitched a bit, gritting his teeth and curling his lip a bit in response. He seriously hoped the man wasn't serious... Because if he was, he was very much tempted to put some of those violent thoughts from earlier into effect. Instead of giving him an answer, however, he gave the Vamp a sneer, looking away deliberately this time to avoid answering. Jerk.

He was about ready to cuff Nowe in the back of the head when he spoke up again, scrunching his nose a bit at the question he posed. That was safe enough, he supposed, and huffed a bit as he thought about his answers. "Favorite color... Does blood count?" Yes, he was being serious, as it would quickly become apparent from the oddly open facial expression he had. "As far as food goes... Uh... I don't think I have one. Though barbeque tends to make my day when I can have it." It was very strange to see him being so...calm and almost normal as he talked to the man, apart from the thoughts he'd had earlier that is. Music...? "I...favorite music?" He echoed, as if he wasn't sure the Vampire had really asked about it. "I...guess I like...rock? I don't know. I don't really get a chance to listen to music." He looked away again, a faintly embarrassed look to his eyes as he eventually looked back to the other. The permission for what he'd been planning for later was noted with a nod, but there was really only one question that came to mind at the moment. "I'll ask more later, but this has been bothering me since earlier..." In a single moment he'd gone from being calm to looking faintly murderous again, his expression as serious as he could manage. "What's the deal with you and the me-Zachariel? Are you trying to get him into bed with you or something?" His gaze narrowed even more as he reached out to (*le gasp!*) lightly poke the back of the assassin's head. "What exactly are you planning on doing with him? I have a right to know considering how it's my body too."
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:59 am

Nowe merely shrugged at the comment that the memory was boring and considered his answer very carefully. "It was....different. It gave me an opportunity to study your, or rather Zach's fighting technique. At least in the few moments I was able to see." Though it hadn't been Zach he'd been watching but Pyre. But somehow, he doubted that telling Reaper he was studying Pyre to be able to kill him next time they met seemed counterproductive to what he was trying to accomplish. It was amusing watching the thoughts flicker behind Reaper's eyes and trying to guess what he was thinking. Nothing nice he was sure. And Nowe couldn't blame him. He was being deliberately annoying just to see what the Fae would do. Thus far, he'd done nothing which was, admittedly, a little bit surprising. He had half expected to at least be punched for a couple of the things he'd said so far. But no, he'd been glared at, grumbled at and outright ignored but that was it. Interesting.

Nowe listened to Reaper's answers in silence, tucking the information away and thinking he would probably never use it again, except for the part about food. He would have to make a point of keeping things the Fae liked around the house, just because. Music wasn't really a big concern, he didn't listen to it much unless he could get German CDs and that was rare. Besides, most of the music the people listened to today was as foreign to him as his Germanic music would be to someone who didn't speak German. Some of it was decent but he couldn't say he had a favorite, more he tolerated some music more than others. "I do not listen to music often myself. I do not blame you for not having a favorite." He let his gaze drift away from the Fae as he tried to think of other inane topics to chat about when the Fae spoke up. He did not immediately return his gaze to the Fallen, instead having focused on something outside that had caught his attention. Therefore, the prod to the back of his head caught him off guard and he swatted idly at the offending hand. "What do you want me to say to that? Yes, the thought of getting Zach into bed had crossed my mind but it certainly was not anything I was planning for the immediate future." Which he didn't figure would please Reaper but it was the truth and the Fallen had been the one to ask the question. If he wanted an honest answer he had no right to be upset when one was given. "Beyond idle thoughts of sex I have not yet decided what to do with Zach. You happen to have a very attractive body and I am not ashamed to admit my interest in getting to know it more intimately in the future. But thus far he is a friend who needs help and has nowhere else to go. Nothing more. If anything changes you'll be the first to know." He gave the Fae a somewhat amused look at that. He was also quite curious how Reaper would react to his comments. He had, after all, admitted to being attracted to the body, not necessarily the person inhabiting it. And if he were honest with himself, he didn't care who was inhabiting it. He liked Zach's personality and he was growing ever fonder of Reaper's too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 am

The comment about music was given a faintly curious glance as Reaper fixed his crimson gaze back on the man, though it was the direction that their talk had taken that really held his interest. Having his hand swatted out made him give a soft growl, but it was mostly to cover a smile with a sneer. So he did the only sensible thing - he did it again, but with a tiny bit more force to it this time around. The Vampire wanted to get on his nerves on purpose? Two could play at that game. Even when Nowe spoke up again, the Fae continued to occasionally poke him in the back of the head, almost longing for the other to strike out at him. He wanted... No... Scratch that. He needed a reason to lash out against the man for being such a royal pain in the- Huh? The Fallen's eyes narrowed a bit as the other's words actually registered with him, a soft undecipherable noise slipping through his teeth. How exactly was he supposed to respond to that? Opting not to speak for the time being, he merely jabbed the other in the back of the head three times as hard as he had been before going back to the normal pokes he'd been doing. "No plans for it in the immediate future? Probably for the best. Meat Puppet doesn't know what sex is anyway." Oh crap. He'd said too much. Clamping his mouth shut, he decided to inspect the ceiling for a moment, only looking back when the assassin continued to talk.

His gaze darted back to Nowe at that particular 'attractive' comment, eyes narrowing almost dangerously. Ohhh... He didn't just say that. But he had, and now the Fae had to figure out exactly how to proceed. His thoughts flickered to about five different places before he settled for a simple solution - he'd continue to be calm, despite the Vampire's blunt answers wanting him to smack him upside the head. A sharp nod was given, and an almost mocking smile was given at the not-quite-a-promise he said at the end. "Why, thank you. That's ever so kind." He replied with a rather obnoxious flutter of eyelashes and a faintly hightened voice. After a bit he snorted and shrugged, flopping backwards onto the couch and folding his hands behind his head. "You want to sleep with him? Be my guest, but leave me out of it. Now, since that was entirely awkward, what other questions do you have?" He still wasn't looking at the man, but he did turn his head a bit in his direction. But there was a question he had to ask, despite biting his tongue against it. "So...you think I'm hot?" The Fallen finally asked, his lip twitching as he fought a smile. Hey, he could be blunt too. Not that he cared about the man's answer. He just wanted to see if he could get any sort of reaction.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 am

Nowe could ignore being prodded for a little while but it was quickly getting irritating and he wanted nothing more than to smack Reaper for it. But he resisted, merely shifted to try and avoid the prodding as much as possible. Of course, when the poke became more forceful he'd had quite enough and as Reaper's hand drew closer for another, he grabbed it and squeezed his wrist hard enough to hurt. "Do that again and I will break your arm." He warned, shoving the Fallen's arm back at him and shifting as far to the end of the couch as he could with a hostile glare. Though that look was replaced by one of curiosity when the Fallen's words registered in his head. Zach didn't even know what sex was, which Nowe had more or less already figured out. Considering their current topic of conversation, he figured Reaper did. But that did not mean Reaper had any more experience with it than Zach did, just more knowledge. But he didn't say anything, just left the topic alone to be considered later. Though he did have one question for the Fae. "Why do you call him that?" And by that he obviously meant why call Zach 'meat puppet'? It seemed odd to Nowe that Reaper could despise a part of himself so much. But then again, Reaper didn't seem to like much of anyone so maybe it made sense.

Nowe gave a soft snort at the Fae's obnoxious reply and fixed him with a level stare. "It seems as if it would be rather difficult to keep secrets from you so you would obviously be the first, aside from Zach and myself, to know if anything happened." Okay, so Reaper was a bit of an ass but that was fine. They hadn't tried to kill each other yet and that had to count for something. That didn't mean they wouldn't eventually reach that point if they kept on like they were but so far things were calm. That was good. He gave a small shake of his head at the Fae's next comment and leaned over to get a better view of his face. "Leaving you out would be sort of difficult would it not? It's your body too and, if I'm not mistaken, you're aware of everything that happens ja? How, then, could I leave you out?" It was an honest question, no teasing implied or anything of the sort. He was curious about how that would work and whether or not Reaper would always be akin to a sort of silent voyeur into...well....everything he and Zach did. It was not a thought he was entirely comfortable with but there was nothing he could do to change that. He had been invited to ask more questions and even though he had already asked one, he had to ask another because it would bother him endlessly if he didn't. "How is it that you seem to know more about things than Zach does? You say Zach doesn't know what sex is but by your questions it's implied that you do. What else do you know that he doesn't?" He questioned, settling back on the couch to await an answer.

Of course, instead of an answer he'd get another question first and this one made him pause. Hadn't he just answered that? He'd told Reaper he found him attractive. Wasn't that enough? But, with a sly smile he set his wine glass down and leaned over Reaper, placing one hand lightly on the Fae's chest and peering down at him. With a smile that promised things Reaper wouldn't like, he leaned in closer and whispered in the Fallen's ear. "Yes. I think you are....hot." He said before shifting and capturing the Fallen's lips in a kiss before he could protest. Apparently he'd forgotten his little promise of no funny business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

He never got the chance to answer Nowe's questions, really. Reaper opened his mouth to respond, rolling his eyes a bit good-naturedly and was about to sit up when the Vampire's hand was put on his chest. The Fae paused, several emotions flicking across his face before he finally settled on a facial expression crossed between confusion, alarm, and annoyance. "What do you think you're doing?" He demanded, squirming a bit as he tried to get up. He didn't like the look of that smile. He didn't like it at all. ... He really didn't like it now... The unspoken promise behind the other's smile made him growl a bit uneasily, the noise hitching a bit before getting louder when he leaned in close to him. Twisting to the side as best he could, the Fallen narrowed his eyes on the man, though the glare he gave him wasn't as potent as it could have been. The other had answered his question, it seemed, but did he really need to get that close to do- Oh... With a small noise of alarm, his crimson eyes popped wide open, his squirming freezing completely the moment the assassin's lips touched his. What the-...?

Several different emotions flooded him at once, as did the reactions his body wanted to give. It wanted to pull him closer, but at the same time it wanted to shove him away. There was also that distinct urge to beat the living snot out out of the man for doing this in the first place. Luckily for the Vampire, it looked like he would live to survive the sneaky-kiss. Reaper made an uncertain noise when Nowe eventually pulled back, looking like he'd more or less been shocked into silence and had his mouth sewn shut. The wide-eyed stare would continue for a while longer, and...it would be faintly amusing to see that he was holding his breath as well. The Fallen's mind barked orders for him to listen to, but he was stuck on dumb. Had he really just done that? He tilted his head a bit, the only movement he'd make for a while, and continued to stare at the man. He didn't realize he was showing his neck a bit, but then again he didn't care. The Fae was more preoccupied with the fact that he'd been attacked, and not in a way he knew how to fight back.

(OOC: Depending on whether or not Nowe bites him, Reaper will answer the questions when he snaps back to himself. xD Just letting you know that he -will- answer, just not at the moment.)
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:21 am

When he pulled away from the kiss, Nowe also retreated as far away from Reaper as he could and still be sitting on the couch. He snagged his wine glass and settled back on the couch, looking for all the world like nothing had happened. The only indication that he wasn't feeling quite as calm as he seemed was the fact that he downed the rest of his wine in one go and didn't look at the Fae for a long moment. He had not been planning on doing what he'd just done, it had just sort of....happened. But, thus far, Reaper had not tried to murder him so that might have been a good sign. Or it might mean he probably shouldn't sleep tonight lest Reaper try to kill him in his bed. That was also a likely scenario all things considered.

But as the silence stretched on, Nowe couldn't help but cast a curious glance at the Fallen. And to his surprise, he looked shocked. Completely and utterly shocked. Also more than a little confused and Nowe could sympathize with that. He had no real idea why Zach affected him the way he did and refused to try and figure it out. Why then was his only reaction to just go with it and see what happened? That was stupid. It was also deadly in his line of work. Not having some semblance of a plan was downright stupid and could get you killed if you made the wrong move or moved before you had all your information. He wasn't stupid so why was he doing stupid things? It actually kind of made his head hurt to think about it and he blinked to clear the thoughts from his mind. Slight movement drew his attention back to the Fallen and he found his gaze drawn to the exposed portion of the Fae's neck. And he was inexplicably tempted to take the unintentional invitation and bite Reaper. Why? He had no idea. He'd fed well enough from Zach the night before that he wasn't particularly interested in blood. The thought that he wanted to bite Reaper just for the sake of biting him was also strange. He didn't generally bite people unless he intended to feed from them. He made a soft noise of uncertainty and, without really thinking about it, grabbed a throw pillow from the couch and hit Reaper in the face with it. "You didn't answer my questions." Clearly when all else failed, pretend like nothing had happened and move on. Hopefully Reaper would do the same. It was doubtful but all Nowe could really do was hope the Fallen was in a forgiving mood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm

The shocked silence would continue for a while yet. Reaper still couldn't believe that jerk had just kissed him, and he couldn't seem to make his mind and body to work together. "I... You... You just..." Well, at least he was capable of speech now... Somewhat. The Fallen blinked slowly a few times, seemingly slowly coming back to himself. It was a painfully slow process, registering the fact that Nowe was still well-within reach to be hurt seemed to help. But instead of lashing out right away, the Fae sort of curled up on himself, gaze slowly beginning to narrow in a glare. His lip curled, and he scooted as far from the Vampire as he possibly could, eying the throw pillow as if considering an attempt to suffocate the other. How. Dare. He?! He was debating on kicking the man in the side of the head when suddenly he had a mouthful of fabric for a startling moment. The Fae gave a muffled noise and blinked, instinctively biting down on the pillow and peering back at the assassin. That little... His eyes went half-lidded, and he turned to throw the pillow on the floor. "... First you kiss me like a jerk, then you whack me with a pillow. Abusive, aren't you?" The words he spat at the man were dripping with sarcasm and venom, and by his body posture it was clear he wasn't very happy about anything that had gone down.

But oh, look. He was still expected to answer the jerk's questions. "I don't really think you deserve to have any answers." He snapped, getting off the couch and settling on the floor as far from Nowe as he could while still staying in the room. So he would be faintly surprised to find himself thinking back on the questions the other had posed, and after grumbling darkly under his breath, he began to answer them. "It is and it isn't. That...is complicated." He began, rubbing his temples as the start of a headache made itself known. "The thing is, I'm not exactly aware of what goes down. Think of it kinda like...when he's out, I'm 'asleep', and when I'm out, he's 'asleep'." Why was he bothering to explain this, anyway? "The difference is that the meat puppet, and I'll explain why I call him that in a moment, doesn't have access to my memories. I, however, have access to his." He rubbed his temples harder, trying to keep from getting too angry as he explained. "So you two would be perfectly fine banging each other and I wouldn't know about it until I was in control again." He paused, looking up a bit at the man as he pondered how to explain Zach's unusual nickname. "And I call him meat puppet because in a fight, he may as well be a meat-shield for all the use he is, and he is too easily manipulated... Hence the 'puppet'. Kid is a lot of things, but street-smart ain't one of them."

"As to your last questions... Well... I can't really explain that to you since I don't trust you all that much. You've got my grudging respect, but the only answer I'm going to give you is that yes, I know what sex is. And I know a lot more about other things than he does as well. For instance, that wine you brought out smells like it's of a decent age." He gestured to the wine glass he'd left on the table, gaze un-narrowing only faintly. "I've had liquor before. Don't really have much of a taste for dark liquor, but I'd try anything once." A pause, then a scowl as he glared back at Nowe. "And by anything, that is usually only in reference to alcohol or food. Nothing else." He had to clarify. He just had to. Who knew what other funny business that Vampire might come out with?
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Nowe gave a slight huff at the accusation that he was abusive and met Reaper's venomous glare rather calmly all this considered. "I hardly think throwing a pillow at someone is considered abuse. It's not like I hurt you with it anyway so I don't see why you're so upset." He commented, still managing to look rather calm in the face of Reaper's anger. He gave a dismissive wave at the refusal to answer and managed to look only slightly offended. "Fine. Don't answer then. I'll just ask them again later." And he would too, once Reaper had calmed down a bit. Which might take awhile but as both an Assassin and a vampire, patience was something Nowe had tons of.

He was rather surprised when the Fae stalked off and settled in the corner of the room on the floor. He had half-expected him to storm off down the hallway and hide in the bedroom for the rest of the night. But he didn't. And even more surprising was the fact he was actually answering the questions. He listened with interest, absorbing the information and trying to decide just what it meant for Zach. As far as he knew, in cases of multiple personalities the personalities didn't know about each other but Reaper seemed to know all about Zach. Zach, however, didn't seem to know his other side existed. It was a curious occurrence and he'd have to find time to look it up later. But for now, he was content to just listen, though he did make a face when the explanation for Zach's nickname came up. "Then I will have to teach him won't I?" Alright so he'd already been planning on teaching Zach some but now he knew he needed to work with him a lot more seriously than just the occasional sparring match to keep Zach in shape since he seemed to think he was a bit soft.

The last, answer, was entirely more frustrating. He really doubted that trust had anything to do with it and Reaper was just refusing to tell him out of anger. The comment about the wine, though, earned the Fae a raised eyebrow look. "Do you honestly think a very old vampire wouldn't have access to perfectly aged wines? If you're going to insult my wine tastes I'm not going to share with you." He commented moodily, quite tempted to snatch the glass of wine and drink it himself. "As for you not liking dark liquor you know full well that Zach found this to his liking. It is no ordinary wine, which you should also know." It was his turn to level a mild glare at the Fallen though he shook his head and gave a dismissive wave at the last comment. "I knew what you meant. No need to be so defensive." Okay, so he had sort of assaulted the Fallen by kissing him like he had but he wasn't going to try and force him into anything else. Not when Reaper was likely to kill him for even trying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:35 am

"Teach him then... Because he knows how to fight. He's just too soft to actually do much to another person. That's the reason why- ..." Oops. He'd almost said too much again. Reaper looked away moodily, crossing his arms over his chest as he waited for the other to speak up again. That man over there infuriated him and the Fae wasn't used to letting things that pissed him off live. Except for his family. But even then he used to beat the crap out of them for angering him in the first place, and despite wanting to do that now, he was holding back. Why? Because Nowe reminded him of someone he once knew, and that didn't happen very often. Especially not that particular person. As he let his thoughts wander, his eyes grew a bit distant, so when the Vampire spoke up once again, he might be forgiven for looking faintly confused trying to focus on him. He stared blankly for a few moments before blinking, opening his mouth to ask about the man's age but quickly shutting his trap. Nah, no need to ask. It wasn't his business. Though he was quick to defend himself, eyes narrowed again. "I didn't mean wine when I said I didn't like dark liquor. I like wine. And the one you've got in that cup smells really good." He sniffed a bit at the air before pinning the man with the glare again. "I meant rum and the likes." Once again, why was he explaining himself to the assassin? It's not like it mattered... But in a way it did.

"Can you blame me for being defensive?" He retorted with a huff of his own, turning his glare to the wall like a stubborn child. "But look, maybe one day I'll tell you why I know so much. Right now, you're going to have to earn it." The Fallen grumbled something under his breath and sighed, touching the very ends of his scars with his finger tips. Despite them being nearly completely healed, they still ached. Like an amputee who had their arm removed; it's no longer a part of them, but they still feel it. It still hurts them. The Fae's expression fell ever so slightly before he shook his head, lifting his gaze to Nowe again. "So what now? We just sit here and glare at each other for the rest of the day?"
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:11 am

"The reason why what?" One could not just cut off in the middle of a sentence and expect someone not to ask what they were going to say. He didn't really expect an answer, no one ever answer those types of questions, but if he DID get one it would be nice. "You know what, nevermind, you're not going to tell me anyway. Just forget I said anything." And now he was upset. He didn't know why he was upset but he was and it was because of Reaper. Because he wouldn't answer a simple damn question for god knew what reason. Why he expected the Fae to be an open book he also had no idea but this secretiveness was infuriating. "If it smells good then drink it. If not say so and I'll take care of it." He shot back a bit more harshly than he intended to in response to the comment about the wine, though if by 'take care of it' he meant putting it back in the bottle or drinking it himself was unclear.

He said nothing in response to the question Reaper asked though he really couldn't blame the Fae for being defensive. The next comment earned a huff and he looked away from Reaper. "Somehow I doubt that will ever happen." Dammit now he even sounded hurt. What the hell was going on here? He hated the fact the for reasons unknown Reaper's reluctance to share much of anything bothered him like this. Maybe he was just too used to Zach or maybe he'd just been alone for too long or....or maybe Reaper was just an infuriatingly stubborn pain in the ass that enjoyed being vague and not answering questions just to piss people off. At present, he was inclined to believe the latter. At the question he gave Reaper a flat look and shrugged. "Do as you please. I'm...tired." Tired of a lot of things, tired of watching Reaper glare at him, tired of the Fae being vague or not answering questions at all. And he was extremely tired of not having any idea why it bothered him so much. "If you need anything or decide you want to talk more I will be in my bedroom." Was all he said before getting up and heading down the hall to his room.

Once there, he was sorely tempted to slam the door but forced himself to shut it calmly and quietly. At which point he had no idea what to do with himself. So he settled on the foot of the bed for a moment, staring at the mirror opposite him for a time. He looked....older he decided. Not in that he'd aged physically, his hair was still the same dark brown, his skin still smooth and free of wrinkles. He still looked seventeen as he had for nearly six hundred years. But there was something in the way he held himself, something in the look in his eye that was just....old. Old and tired. He closed his eyes and it was almost as if he could feel the weight of several hundred years pressing in on him from all sides. Under that was the whirlwind of frustration and confusion that centered around Zach and Reaper. What was it about them? He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, forcing his way past those feelings to study their source: the Fallen Angel. He was attracted to Zach, yes. Felt the need to protect him after saving his life. Both perfectly natural feelings for him. But there was something else. Something he hadn't let himself see before then. An underlying need to care for Zach and to be cared for in return. To have someone to return home to, a companion that would be there for him forever and not just for a night or two. And the moment he acknowledged that the feeling bubbled forth and he snapped his eyes open, meeting his own shocked blue gaze in the mirror. "Merda. I cannot possibly...." But apparently he could. Even after such a short time of having know the Fae there was no mistaking what that feeling was. It was more than just being attracted to someone, more than just simply feeling protective or being someone's friend. No. There, clear as day in his own heart and mind, was a feeling he had long since accepted that he would likely never feel. "Ich liebe ihn." How and why he didn't know but he did know that feeling. He, for whatever unknown reason, loved Zach. Dealing with that when Zach had no idea what a relationship was like and when Reaper clearly hated him would be interesting. But he would have to deal with it and try to hide his feeling as best he could, though he doubted it would be easy.

((Well...THAT was unexpected but at least Nowe knows what his issue is. Trying to explain it to Reaper and/or Zach, however, will be interesting. xD))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Reaper, right around this time, was busy trying to figure out how best to cause pain to Nowe. Because really, being blind-sided wasn't something he was just going to leave alone. He hadn't really expected the other to just leave the unfinished sentence alone, though having the man ask about it didn't earn him another glare...surprisingly. Instead it was an almost blank look, as if he'd forgotten exactly what he'd been about to say, though of course this wasn't the point. "Well, I-" Blink blink. He had just decided that he was going to tell the Vampire what he was about to say when he was cut off, and having the other snap at him made him shift a little. He hadn't been particularly nasty to the assassin, so the irritation that was thrown at him came as a bit of a surprise. The Fae furrowed his brow, frowning just a bit. He had been behaving...what had he done to change the way the other was reacting to him? The response to his trust comment earned more blinking and a sort of 'oh' look to come across his features. He'd hurt the man's feelings... That tone in his voice only confirmed it. Well, that was a bummer. When he'd been thinking about hurting the guy, he hadn't meant emotionally. Despite the ass he tended to act like most of the time, he honestly didn't like hurting people emotionally. That kind of hurt left scars that never faded, unlike the physical ones.

He watched Nowe excuse himself from the room in silence, his frown only deepening when he realized that he felt...bad. He actually felt bad about hurting the man's feelings. "God damnit..." He sighed, gritting his teeth in frustration and rubbing his face with his hands roughly. A minute or two passed before he gave a low growl, lifting his head to glare in the direction the Vampire had disappeared to. It was one thing to cause someone hurt intentionally, but when he hadn't meant to, it made him feel just a bit guilty. Running his hands through his hair, he gave a few locks a sharp yank out of annoyance, shoving himself up from the floor and hanging his head. He would have to...dare he say it...? ...Apologize. Even thinking the word made him cringe a bit and he shook his head. No, he had to go do it. To prove he wasn't as heartless as he wanted everyone to believe. But...why? Wasn't it easier to let him think that he didn't have any positive emotions? "I fucking hate my life..." He grumbled to himself, taking the wine cup and downing it in a single gulp before stalking off to the man's room. He paused outside the door, clenching and unclenching his fists as he fought with himself. The Fallen could turn away right now and leave things as they were, but that wouldn't be fair. He still owed the man, after all.

Raising a fist to the door, he knocked before opening it, poking his head into the room. "Look, I didn't... I didn't mean... Damnit." He sighed, pushing the door open and slipping inside, closing it behind him and leaning against it. He leveled his gaze on the ceiling as he spoke, and his tone held a note of defeat in it. "I'm sorry," he began, refusing to look at the Vampire but gritting his teeth a bit. "It's been a long time before anyone has tried to get to know me, and I don't want to be hurt again." Again. There was that word. He clenched his fists at his side, looking at a wall now as he spoke up again. "I was going to say that the meat puppet's inability to fight back isn't because he can't. It's because he doesn't want to. That's...the reason why I exist." There. He'd said it. And now he wanted to get the hell out of dodge, so to speak. Instead, he just let the silence return, waiting until he was told to leave or snapped at again.
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Nowe had managed to calm down a bit after his startling epiphany and he'd moved from the foot of the bed to stare out the window at the steadily darkening sky outside. He didn't turn or say anything at the knock on his door, half expecting Reaper to knock and then walk away when he didn't get an answer. To his surprise, the door opened and he glanced over his shoulder as Reaper poked his head into the room and started to speak. He narrowed his gaze in slight suspicion of the Fae's motives. He hadn't meant what? To be an ass? Nowe doubted that. And he couldn't help but wonder if he'd heard anything. Though a better question might have been did he understand German? Reaper, however, gave no indication he'd heard anything though Nowe wasn't about to trust that he hadn't either. But...well...he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to know what, if anything, Reaper had heard and understood. And so he didn't ask.

He turned around as Reaper entered, closing the door behind him and then leaning against it, perhaps unintentionally blocking the primary escape route out of the room. He was ready for another round of yelling and, for the second time in less than an hour, was shocked. Reaper was....apologizing. Though he'd resolved not to say anything, he couldn't help but give a disapproving sound at the explanation offered. "So you'll just hide behind a mask of hostility and be alone the rest of your life? That would be a miserable existence." He looked away after he spoke, thinking back on all the time he had been hurt or betrayed. He could understand not wanting to be hurt again and it wasn't as if he was as trusting of most people as he seemed to be. But he had given Reaper his trust, or at least a portion of it. Was it too much to expect just a little trust in return?

When silence fell again, he mulled over what Reaper had said for a moment, considering what, if anything, he ought to say. What he'd said about Zach and the reason he existed didn't really need an answer, though he had to wonder what Reaper existing and Zach not wanting to fight had to do with one another. "Hurt is a part of life. Everyone gets hurt sometimes. But if you never take a chance and risk getting hurt, you'll never find that person that will make you happy. I have lived several lifetimes and been hurt and betrayed sometimes I did wonder if giving up would be easier." He paused and look at Reaper then, considering his next words carefully. "Maybe I'm a fool to keep giving people the chance to hurt me. But I give them the chance anyway. And at times, people take that chance. After so many years you would think I'd be used to it." He said, moving to the edge of the bed and sitting down on it with his back to Reaper. "I have no reason to hurt you. If you trust nothing else....trust that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:37 pm

When the silence seemed as if it wouldn't be broken, Reaper gave a low undecipherable noise in his throat. This was stupid. He should have stayed in the other room. With a glance back at the man who was sitting on the bed, he shook his head and turned to open the door, only to pause when the other finally spoke. At the comment given, he looked back over his shoulder, letting the hostility leave his eyes for a moment to let the Vampire see the pain he had, if only for a few seconds. A quiet, bitter laugh escaped him then and he slid down the door, staring at the floor. "Why not? It's the only existence I've known. What's the point of trying to open up to others when they don't give you the chance to show you're something more than what they think you are?" He paused again and shook his head, lifting his gaze a bit to show almost apologetic crimson eyes. "I'm sorry. It's not fair to you, but I just..." He just what? Was afraid of letting someone else inside? Didn't want to cause more problems than he's worth? "Give me time... This is hard." He was letting his walls down for the briefest of moments, but in a single moment they were back up and he was refusing to look at the man again.

He curled up a bit, glaring at the ground because he'd been put in this situation. He wasn't happy with it. Reaper didn't like feeling vulnerable, and he felt like he was completely naked in that moment. It made him uneasy, but he still listened nonetheless. His face was almost smoothe up until Nowe said the word 'happy', in which it briefly spasmed in a funny mix of several facial expressions. Happy. He'd been happy a long time ago. "Me being happy gets people killed." He mumbled, hiding his face after he spoke. "Gah. Forget I said that. I...I'll trust you on that, Nowe." He looked up at the man, watching his posture a bit thoughtfully. He'd done that. He'd upset the guy, and well... He had to at least try fixing it. The Fae sighed, getting up and moving to plop down on the bed next to the Vampire. Without a word he reached over and poked his side several times, though each poke was lightly and more of a nudge more than anything. Still-apologetic crimson eyes hesitantly slid over to him and he raised his poking a bit, lifting it once to poke the man's cheek lightly. Look, he was sorry. Stop being such an emo kid. :<
Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Admin
Nowe Veleno

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Though Reaper wouldn't see it, his comment earned a raised eyebrow from the vampire and a small shake of his head. "How can they get to know you if you don't let them? If you want to show people you're different than they think you are you have to let them get to know you first." That sort of thing worked both ways. If Reaper was constantly acting like a jerk and not letting people get to know him, people would continue to think he was just a jerk. How were they supposed to know otherwise unless he stopped being a jerk? "It doesn't have to be. You've made it that way for yourself." He turned away and smirked a little. "Sometimes in life you have to make a leap of faith. People won't wait forever for you to decide to open up and show them you're someone else." Nowe? He would wait. He had nothing but time and Zach and Reaper intrigued him and not just because he had, without meaning to, fallen for them. Vampires were good at waiting.

Another raised eyebrow look was given at the comment that Reaper being happy got people killed. "If you're worried about me don't be. You've seen me fight. You know I can take care of myself. Besides, vampires are notoriously hard to kill." He allowed a brief smile to flicker across his features. No, it was unlikely he'd be the one getting killed. It was far more likely he'd be the one doing the killing. He was, after all, a master assassin. He let his mind wander for a moment, thinking about the information he was supposed to be tracking down tonight and wondering if he was actually feeling up to it or if he just wanted to spend the evening at home...doing what? Sitting in awkward silence with the Fallen? No thank you. He'd rather track down the informant in whatever obnoxious club he was supposed to be in and coerce the information he wanted out of him. Lost in thought as he was, he didn't notice Reaper approaching until he settled on the bed next to him. He swatted half-heartedly at the hand that was prodding him in the side. "Stop that." He scolded, ducking out of the way when Reaper went for his face and prodding the Fallen in the back as he retreated further onto the bed. The look on his face was wary but curious. He had no idea what had prompted this and he wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be My Escape   Be My Escape - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Be My Escape
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Requiem :: Downtown :: Mall-
Jump to: